Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

erik

10-08-2012

Will the new post be posted in GD or front page?

Ajido

10-08-2012

RedBeard, just out of curiosity who is the president of eSports? You seem to be the common face we see.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
19 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippenworstje View Post
I think u have done a great job by fixing this big issue u had, but do you guys even think about the players in EUW? we have to watch these games in the middle of the night, probably should get my zombie mode on :-)
It's extremely unfortunate for the EU crowd who are watching. They are such dedicated and loyal fans, and we get that 5pm PT is not great for the EU. This is actually the earliest we are able to get the matches up and running, as we don't have venue access yet to begin the setup, and we obviously need to ensure that there is a very high quality bar for the production, so this is the earliest possible time we are able to get the matches going.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-08-2012
20 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSx View Post
any chance you can tell us where you at with the investigation regarding minimaps or an eta on how long it will take?

thanks for the updates
We don't have a specific time that we will be making any further announcements on this topic. I can assure you we are taking this very seriously, and we will make an announcement as soon as we have final information here.

Dracks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-08-2012

Hi RedBeard,

Thanks for this update; just one clarification please

the playoff on 10th Wednesday 5pm PDT will be the final CLG.EU vs W.E game? and then 2 semi-final matches? or will the semi-final matches be played on a different date?

AckNun

10-08-2012

1.Questions regarding the matches for Wednesday. Is the CLG.Eu vs WE match just going to be the final third game of their BO3 or is it a whole new BO3?
2. Is the match on Wednesday just CLG.Eu vs WE or is it the rest of the Day 3 matches as well?

Seperate question from the matches, do you happen to know if the replays for these games will be in 720p as the other matches are on youtube? There is a degradation in quality due to the transcoding downgrade in quality from 1080p to 720p.

Thanks in advance and thank you for everything your doing to make LoL E-sports awesome for all of us in the community.

IS1130ca93c056a16e55514

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
It's extremely unfortunate for the EU crowd who are watching. They are such dedicated and loyal fans, and we get that 5pm PT is not great for the EU. This is actually the earliest we are able to get the matches up and running, as we don't have venue access yet to begin the setup, and we obviously need to ensure that there is a very high quality bar for the production, so this is the earliest possible time we are able to get the matches going.
Yeah, this fast answer proves u guys are really caring about us, the fans, but its just pitty for us the final is even planned much later, so at the end of the finals it would be 7am for us, hope i can stay awake :-)

HellsThunder

10-08-2012

Redbeard, I hope you guys don't DQ AzubuFrost

They played well and deserve where they are, whether they looked at the minimap or not.

i think that going forward, it'd be better to just make it so that looking is impossible for players. Its' just too late to do anything about it, since the games were already played and there was a winner and a loser. I'm kind of saying this, because I want to see Azubu play the winner of WE/CLG.Eu which will be good games.

Also want to see Azubu vs M5 in the finals.

Ladayen

10-08-2012

Potentially 7 matches beginning at 5pm? Hmm if CLG.EU wins vs WE we could be looking at having the games go past midnight.

Zerglinator

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Fake cheering, like Saturday Night Live does fake laughing!?!

The games will be plenty of hype, we have 5 of the World's best teams ready to face off, the matches should provide plenty of hype and excitement. I know i personally can't wait.
Maybe since you won't have the audience to listen to, we can have the player audio instead?

I mean, I know CLG.EU can do a good rendition of Eye of the Tiger.