Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YOUxSOxBAD

10-08-2012

Razzcastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
Here's a ****ing ingenious idea, put the players in booths, just like how it's done on LANs for Dota2 and SC2. Is it really that hard?!
Cool, so you came up with a solution that is NOT time sensitive, to a problem that IS time sensitive.

Give yourself a ****ing pat on the back.

MutaNikolic

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.
Yea, I was thinking that too. All new games don't have LAN mode (not sure why) and that creates many problems, from constant problem internet delay to complete crush. Now we can ask a question '"Is match between WE and CLG.EU regular? Because who know's what would had happened if there wasn't any game crashes.

And next one what i want to say is something that was already been said on forum. IMO its RIOT fault for allowing players to see minimap.

YOUxSOxBAD

10-08-2012

honestly the world finals this year...was a joke...they had simple connectivity issues... they screwed a regional champion out of their bi.... officially saying there is no point to winning your region which is ignorant... the production value was great but as we all now know wasn't thought out at all...the honor system to not look behind you....or in this case look sideways....doesn't work when there are millions of dollars on the line...overall im not mad at any team...as there are screen shots out there of almost every team looking at the mini maps...my hate lies with riots inability to set up and run a simple turny...what makes me laugh is there are things called privacy screen covers.....that cost about a minimal amount. Riot could have put these on the screens...they make it to where unless your in front of the screen you cant see whats on it....ie the audience could see but the players could not...the whole thing is just poor planning on riots part.

Minjoph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

I'm still not satisfied with the "teams cheated, but warnings were issued and we restarted the games. And no one looked after that".
First of all, I don't really buy it. Second of all, you don't issue warnings when people cheat at this scale, you take immediate actions. But whatever, you seem to have made your decision and my hope for a clean e-sport just died.

And if time was what hindered you from executing this in a more... appropriate and planned manner, then you should have just postponed the tournament and taken the time. You got delayed in the end anyways and managed to damage the credibility of the S2 championships.

ninjitsustyle

10-08-2012

Seriously ? soundcards can explode and cables ? WTF is this ...i never have any problems with my 4 year old laptop and you RIOT tell me this ?

DoubleBook

10-08-2012

Thanks, not just for the explanation but for the fact that you guys provide us with a high production value monster of an event FOR FREE in HD. anyone who complains about this is a jerk!

CornerPocket

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlackSmurf View Post
Because it is a lot harder than you are making it sound. Don't get me wrong, Riot probably has the resources to build even two stadiums, but it takes a lot more than 'pumping in some A/C and fixing her up' to make a venue.
Yes, it is clearly harder than I made it sound. I did not go into all the details of building an entire League of Legends stadium. I apologize for my lack of detail on a forum. I should have described in great detail the ins and outs of building out a venue for League of Legends tournaments.
zzzzz

The point is, RIOT can build their own venue and host games there. Then, they can make it however they want and it would be perfect. Then, these issues would be a lot easier to deal with.

DJLTheFirst

10-08-2012

Bumpidopa

Krufix

10-08-2012

I still think the best choice would have been, as soon as the possibility of looking up and seeing the minimap appeared, go down to the nearest DIY store, get a big strip of cardboard and duct-tape it to the top of the booth.

Or maybe even, rotate them slightly more so that they face slightly away from each other. Or were they at their maximum?