Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RHIT

10-08-2012

You guys used soundproof rooms before. Will that no longer be used in the future? I thought it was great for the players (less distractions and hearing crowd noises as hints) plus it prevents this screen look problem.

IS1a26085305dab0eabe852

10-08-2012

You have lose credibility. Unfair team, ghosting, server crash w/o a backup.

I can't beleave that a 2M$ tournament don't have a soundproof cabs or something to prevent ghosting.
The cheating are obvius. Ping in the shadow where are the enemies.

Bha. Worst tournamente ever

Snappie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzazzter View Post
Honestly, if I could see the mini-map screen I would try to peek too. It's kinda hard to resist.
Not only that. If you think "the information I need is on that minimap" a few times, evantually you're ganna look at it without thinking.

Dr Jimmy

10-08-2012

Actually, this string occurred during a pause of a game that was played to completion.
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...hy/AF1JPEG.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/z...hy/AF2JPEG.jpg
Time stamps included so you can review the video. It wasn't a "glance", he stared up there for 3-4 seconds easy... and he was looking when the camera went to him so it's possible longer than that.

Bluntless

10-08-2012

As much as I appreciate the apology and talking with the community this doesn't fix whats happened the past few days. At this point you might as well redo the tournament, but I know that won't happen. Too many issues to consider this a fair tournament.

Why is it okay for multiple people to break the rules? You say you issued Frost a warning, yet he still turned during the game once it continued. Multiple people broke the rules of facing forward and had no repercussions. No one can really prove they cheated, but how is breaking the rules okay?

IS1130ca93c056a16e55514

10-08-2012

Best Co-Summunors Of the NA Server

I have put up a Forum-Thread With all the arguable subjects happened during The World Playoffs:
Feel Free To Take A Look And leave a comment !

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=871759

Fareley

10-08-2012

here is some more evidence from a thread on the EU west forums:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=871689
if this massive cheating does not result in teams getting disqualified, i am not interested in any further match from this "championship". Cheating should be punished, not give you a ton of money, especially when you have both videos from the cameras that were facing the players throughout the game and the audio from their headset communications. Let a guy watch the player cameras, let a guy who is familiar with the native language listen in on their team communication, and take action accordingly when there is minimap cheating involved. Otherwise, screw you. Seriously.

KillerJaedong

10-08-2012

Good with a response.
I'm dissapointed but I hope you learn from this, and most of the tourny was still very awesome.

I still don't really understand the "cheating incident". Seems like you noted a sneakpeak and called for a restart? That sneakpeak should have been punnished. If TSM practiced for moving top and AF saw that, they know TSM's strat. Simply restarting the game will still result in TSM's practiced strategy being revealed.

You cannot witness a "cheat" and then just restart the game. Either allow it or disallow it. If you disallow it it should be against the rules and thus punishable.

Other than that, I'm satisfied with this response from Riot.
Although the IP conpensation is abit lame (timewise), but atleast shows good will!

Phourc

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
[*]A player from Team WE was not facing forward for a moment during the 3rd and final restarted game before we wrapped for the night.
Draconian. o_O

I mean, apparently it was a crappy setup (I assumed watching it that the screens were on the usual spectator-delay), but how could anyone make rules like that thinking that no one would turn their head ever?

I mean, I get pretty bored walking to lane and I usually read whatever I have up on the other monitor... xP

aycheff

10-08-2012

Here's a ****ing ingenious idea, put the players in booths, just like how it's done on LANs for Dota2 and SC2. Is it really that hard?!