Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

samuellbronko

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxzhnoi View Post
I just want answers on the AF ping on the fog of war against TSM, if someone can explain that to me, im ok.
well i have posted this multiple times but here it goes again::

here's the original video from the start of the shot everyone is referring to - http://ko.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/33453*7601?t=5h32m41s

but watch from the exact same shot prior to the pause - http://ko.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/33453*7601?t=5h05m00s

you will notice in both video sequences that AF ping the same area. before pause AF is NOT looking towards the screen...

this is PROOF that he's NOT looking at the screen or cheating, it's just pure coincidence he tilted his body after the pause... but the 2 pings b4 / after pause is evidence of no wrong doing

1sT Silence

10-07-2012

So RedBeard, Azubu Frost did not cheat at all at the start of game one?

Olyps

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We really needed a hug, so this feels good. Fans like you are what motivates us to always improve and work our hardest to avoid any situations like these going forward.
guys GUYS. Don't forget that this is not just RIOT's tourney, we're the audience too and we're a big part of it. They're having problems so instead of kicking them while they're down and pointing fingers let's bring it in and remember we're all here for the same reason. Everyone come together and e-hug for RIOT.

We know you at RIOT will work hard to do your best for us! *e-hug*

Alex60351

10-07-2012

Thank you for informing us on what is going on. I know Riot will use this as a learning experience so that when we look back a year from now we can all make jokes about the infamous day 3 fail of the season 2 playoffs.

Food4Thought

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintster View Post
I don't think they can..They've already screwed up so much..

But Im pretty sure you can find some evidence where Azubu Frost admitted seeing the minimap already

did AZF admit to it?
Not that Id be able to understand it..but..meh

GunSh0ts

10-07-2012

Quote:

• A player from Team WE was not facing forward for a moment during the 3rd and final restarted game before we wrapped for the night.
  • We’ve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We haven’t found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.
Hey just in response to the WE allegations.

Why would the player in question look to the screens, (and away from the crowd), if responding to loud noises and cheering?
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they facing the stage? In what way was the player responding to the crowd noises by facing the wrong way.

RoShin222

10-07-2012

Some clear, honest feedback. Whether you agree with OP is up to you, but I'd say this's exactly the type of communication we wanted

cAres

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2012

So, If after the investigation you find that one of the teams was cheating, then how will you proceed since the TSM/Azubu match is already over?

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

@Redbeard - I have to say up until when the games went down I thought the back end programming stuff was exceptional. I'm no programmer, but the instant replays, seeing reactions of players during a major fight, etc. seem like it would be incredibly difficult to pull off in real time. You all put on a hell of a production for the first two days.

However, league seems to have a lot of problems more than other major games. As nice as the bells and whistles are on the broadcast (believe me they are nice), when will a restart feature be available and when will a LAN feature be available? It seems to me that whomever has it in for riot games will just keep doing this in all major events until those two features are deployed. It's a shame too because it hurts the fans, the players, and you all especially. But these are features that other games have for major events so when can we expect you to have these ready?

Jadaris

10-07-2012

Quote:
Long-term, we know we need better solutions for this and it is a priority.
I can't be the only one tired of seeing this pointless, empty statement repeated after every time Riot f-cks up on something.