Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omegafilter

10-07-2012

I mean with all the negative going on here the one plus I noticed as a player at the venue is that a lot of people just walking by were asking what it was and what the game was about etc, felt nice trying to explain what it was and what it was about. I for one would love to see more venues like this for future stuff.

5upercell

10-07-2012

Anyone noticing there's this one guy just downvoting every reply to this thread?

Jazzz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Redbeard, don`t you think the cheating is unfair for the teams that lost to the cheating asians? Not just TSM, also CLG.eu, Najin Sword, iG, everyone who lost to people who cheat, were screwed out of a chance at the 1 million dollar prize pool. Not because they were bested, but because of YOUR failure to prevent cheating.

Doesn't that weigh on your conscience? Even a little bit? How do you sleep at night?

Dr Kasper

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.
Peeking... peaking is reaching the highest point.

Jeez Riot..

Can't trust you with spelling, can't trust you with the world championships.

Arbuthnot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

I love the bull**** you guys have been continually coming up with over major things that only a kid with downs would over look

Welkowitz

10-07-2012

Quote:
  • A player from Team WE was not facing forward for a moment during the 3rd and final restarted game before we wrapped for the night.
  • We’ve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We haven’t found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.
I thought the headphones the players were wearing were soundproof? If they aren't then you should take into consideration the reason why the player's head would turn in response to a cheering crowd. When this happened, the crowd was cheering because a ward had died, the WE player didn't understand and probably though the other team was going for an early baron and looked over at the minimap.

I hope you take this into consideration as you continue your investigation.

Krimson62

10-07-2012

I like how hard you guys are trying to remedy all of these situations.

With so much money on the line i find it a tad odd that no one thought this kind of stuff could occur. Whoever did your stage planning should definitely be looked at, as i would hope it wasn't simply thrown together to where things could shift out of gear so quickly

Nintura

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by innociv View Post
No they aren't.
Have 1 or 2 backup connections, including satelite.
Run a local private intranet for the games to be hosted and played out, so the only bandwidth you need is sending out the stream.
Have battery and generator backups.
Those two things are ones all other tournaments, with less hype and smaller prize pools, prepare for. There have already been issues more than a year ago of power outages, and internet outages. Those tournaments, going forward, took measures against them. Why hadn't Riot?

Have back up video cards, headphones, microphones. This is basic redundancy. It sounds like you had nothing at all, for anyone. One set of everything. You were hoping it didn't rain, too.

too bad it doesn't work taht way. having a backup connection doesn't work, it would take some time for it to connect and take over. and thats if it could pick up where the disconnect happened. Backup generators take time to kick over as well. i'm sure they had spare computers. but again, would take time to set them all up.

WiseBearLikeBud

10-07-2012

Quote:
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOBqf...p;feature=plcp

Redbeard what do you have to say about that announcer telling all of us we don't matter.

Eletale

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merana View Post
Wait, so screen looking was a valid enough reason that it was a factor in deciding to restart?

And the fact that you said "no FURTHER incidents of screen looking where witnessed" means there was in fact an incident noted, but you still did nothing about the visibility of the minimaps? Even though it was already shown during the pauses that the small minimaps above the teams could be blacked out? All I gotta say is lol 700 elo decision making.
You're stretching way too much the meaning of RiotBeard's words. Basically the restart completely nullifies any accusation of cheating you have against AF, since all the times they "looked" at the mini-mat were during the pause, making it an actual blind ping. No further incidents means just that: nothing else worth mentioning.
They restarted just to be sure, as a precaution method, not due to the blatant cheating you guys believe there was.