Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinnie

10-07-2012

http://i.imgur.com/SHtiv.jpg

This is a clear defeat. Don't the rules say that if it's clear it will not be remaded? How can you justify this?

Dastan

10-07-2012

So as far as the CLG.EU vs WE matchup, what exactly is the plan?

Is there going to be a remake of the entire bo3? Is it just going to be the last game from the bo3?

ninbushido

10-07-2012

Azubu still cheated imho.
TSM's core strategy is getting that early jungle invasion and snowballing, but Azubu Frost decided to look and MIRACULOUSLY SOMEHOW KNOW THAT ALL OF TSM WAS GOING TOP AND INVADING RED.
No rematch? I'm disappointed.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-07-2012
13 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantPauseItMom View Post
I am still calling BS on this, but its good to hear from one of the Staff's about this matter.
Really the placement of the screen was a stupid idea to start with.

One way this could of been completely prevented was to put big screens on the side where they could see the spectate screen.

Ether way, this was a bad design to start with.
Think I mentioned this earlier, but we will be putting up overhangs so the possibility of peaking is removed.

Merana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
  • Azubu Frost had a microphone issue that didn’t allow them to communicate during the opening of the game. As a result, the game was paused.
  • It was noticed that both teams had players that were shifting their bodies during the pause. Blanket warnings were issued to both Azubu Frost & TSM.
  • Referees decided to issue a restart, as a) Reginald & Chaox had concerns about screen looking and b) Azubu’s communications disadvantage could reasonably be interpreted as requiring a restart under tournament rules.
  • No further incidents of screen-looking were witnessed during this match.
Wait, so screen looking was a valid enough reason that it was a factor in deciding to restart?

And the fact that you said "no FURTHER incidents of screen looking where witnessed" means there was in fact an incident noted, but you still did nothing about the visibility of the minimaps? Even though it was already shown during the pauses that the small minimaps above the teams could be blacked out? All I gotta say is lol 700 elo decision making.

JefftheMagicGoat

10-07-2012

Riot is likely not going to say any more on the AF or WE situations. Those are basically done for now. They are letting floor rulings stand.

Whisla

10-07-2012

Redbeard is there a time or way to contact you about a league for a school district?

Isist

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Correct, there will be no live audience for the rest of the playoffs unfortunately. But we will be producing the broadcast similar to our LA Live event, so will look great online for all the fans. We will be announcing an official schedule shortly.
yeah~

no more stupid vuvuzela

lastchancexi

10-07-2012

Poor Riot. The play was so, so ridiculously good at times, better than any tournament I've personally seen. I'm really disappointed in the delay especially, I was really into all of the games, the play was smarter, crisper, and better than the tournaments I've seen, by a lot. They punished every bad dragon, every bad baron. And I don't even understand the team comp ideas that a lot of the teams were bringing out.

I'm just really disappointed in the tournament, because the production and technical issues really overshadowed the quality of play, which was insane, IMO.

Kilamonjaro

10-07-2012

Hey RedBeard! My question to you is, if these team accused of cheating, where actually cheating what will be the punishment for them?