Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brainwave

10-07-2012

[QUOTE=Leib Olmai;30000414]Everyone saying : "Well, just have soundproof booth next time !"

I bet you guys are the first that started the drama in the past tournament that had them and some player said they could hear the commentator still, or that it was cold, or had annoying noise. Like the one at MLG that was a complete failure.

No, it is not as simple as : Hey Riot, you should have soundproof booth herpyderp. They tried it in the past, both player and the dramaqueen, like so many people in this thread were whinning about it.

QUOTE]

So they didn't work once and your plan is to just give up on the idea completely?

Well the "soundproof" headphones clearly didn't work either so I guess by your logic we should just let the players hear everything.

Also, whining. Whinning is some wierd combo of a horse noise and what Charlie Sheen does.

LiuetShinySides

10-07-2012

I'm most disappointed in the fact no one is going to get DQ'd from this. Really pathetic.

PoDragonSlayer

10-07-2012

RedBeard, thanks so much for replying and admitting the mistakes and issues that happened yesterday.

One thing though that irks me... Since there seems to be even more cheating beyond the two instances you have brought up, wouldn't it seem the fairest solution to all this would be to restart the World Playoffs altogether. I really feel that this would be the best, although the hardest, decision.

WiseBearLikeBud

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We are working on an offline LAN solution but it takes some time to spin up. That allows the players to be immune from internet connectivity for the most part.

I would honestly consider having a sort of riot sanctioned tournament during the "off season" with a smaller prize pool, open to only the teams that are at the world tournament, as a sort of unofficial event. Come up with something creative *reminds everyone it is breast cancer awareness month*, as a sort of good faith. Take this failure (as harsh as a word as that is we are all disappointed) and show the community that something good can come out of this. Show the e sports world that riot will put the reputation of its game above the money/the professionals. If you are as serious about e sports as you say you are; this a prime example to show it. When one door closes another one opens if you take some time to think outside of the box. If you like any of my ideas/are interested in my other ideas/marketing concepts redbeard, feel free to email me at the email associated with this account. I can assure you it would be worth your ten minutes; the ball is in your court.

HasturHastur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

So can I ask, just for the sake of knowing, was the production put on by the house, a third party, or riot staff?

Ioku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valexi View Post
Thanks for the official update, it's good to see Riot reliably addressing the forums.

I think Day 3 was disappointing for everyone and I particularly feel for the players with so much on the line. But even then there were some moments like CLG's comeback in game 2 and Snoopeh's clutch flash-kill on Cho'gath that had me roaring at my screen. The ward cheers were funny too, as was Deman telling Yellowpete how to ADC: "Hit the damn turret Yellowpete!"

esports hell yeah

Very true my friend, very true. That game was just so great to watch, Froggen yelling with excitement when they knew they had won, awesome.

Redrowen

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliiny View Post
I would really like to hear the mic conversation of the AF team during that ping! (with translation if needed)

That's a very good point. It would be a very easy way to answer this argument. At the moment of that ping what what was being said on chat? If they were saying "ZOMG THEY ALL GOING TOP" well... that's a simple answer. If they are discussing like normal, they had no idea and the whole thing is just fluff.

raidragon

10-07-2012

now they can hear the vuvuzela = no soundproof= chance to hear some hint from the audience

DrillToHeaven

10-07-2012

A champion is not made by the reaction after victory,but by the reaction after defeat.

Most people on this community i guess are young,so they don't understand how difficult life can be,that even if you try your best and give all your heart it still does not mean that you will have the results that you want,and you will achieve your expectations. But that is what make life interesting,it is hard and unpredictable but if you are humble,perseverant,and focus on what matter you can always improve and try again.

Thanks riot for showing to our young community how it is to be a Adult and deal with situations that we all will be facing on our life,and i am sure that you guys will turn around the situation,this company have what it takes to have success.

xSoulL

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoulL View Post
@RedBeard,
IF Riot reaches the conclusion that AF and WE were in fact cheating, what would your solution be to this problem?
Keeping in mind that this is the biggest event in LoL/esports history (1,000,000 prize pool).
Would you give TSM/CLG.EU another chance or continue with the tournament, or something else?
I would really love a response to my question if you get to see it, even if it's just a IDK we'll have to discuss it with the team so we know that you acknowledged the question.