Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gun Pierson

10-07-2012

It's good you communicate Riot, thanks. And I know you're gonna learn from these mistakes and get better. It's not rocket science though to know to not hang minimap screens where players can see them, it's common sense.

About the whole cheating thing, you can't turn your head away from this one. You (will) know if they cheated or not but if they did, I think those matches need to be replayed. Normally in any other professional scene it would be disqualification, however you made a big mistake yourself by placing the screens there in the first place.

SpartanCommandar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Problems aside, you guys did great days 1 & 2. Thank you for keeping us posted on the situation and what happened-that's all the majority of us need, is a full and honest account of what went wrong

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

This is the red post that was needed. Thanks for posting this, Redbeard.

Still annoyed about the whole situation, as I bet you guys are, but I feel like Riot's being upfront and candid about the situation rather than . . . ahem . . . brushing it under the rug.

Here, have a picture of Ziggs eating waffles and trying to fix the connectivity and stage issues with the World Finals.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...Ziggs#/d57cv28

(credit to I-HAVE-STUFF)

ImsoMeow

10-07-2012

Just throwing this out there dyrus admitted to looking up at the mini map after eh thought azubu frost did so wheres that in this post lol

Blanchimont

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioku View Post
Apart from these mistakes, I can tell Riot is trying hard to improve their tournaments all the time, the addition of replays with voice chat has been awesome, especially at how smoothly they flowed, the commentators have done an amazing job and the free HD streams are very much appreciated. I work during the week so I will most likely miss the remaining semifinals but I can't wait to watch the finals, as I was on the edge of my seat for the duration of the CLG vs WE matches.

Obviously there are things that need to be fixed, is there any specific reason why sound booths cannot be used? I know they use them in SCII so why cant we use them in league, sure the booths would have to be bigger, but is it not possible? The booths would solve all the "cheating" problems as well as never having to worry about players overhearing commentators etc.
normally sound booths do work, but i think it is because they are in an outdoor stage and that kind of screws things up. i heard that it doesn't help against any big vehicles that might be moving by, but i have no idea if they face a problem like that.

Leib Olmai

10-07-2012

Everyone saying : "Well, just have soundproof booth next time !"

I bet you guys are the first that started the drama in the past tournament that had them and some player said they could hear the commentator still, or that it was cold, or had annoying noise. Like the one at MLG that was a complete failure.

No, it is not as simple as : Hey Riot, you should have soundproof booth herpyderp. They tried it in the past, both player and the dramaqueen, like so many people in this thread were whinning about it.

About the ping... if you ever played the game, you know that "blind ping" happen so much often. If you watched ANY high elo stream or pass tournament, even this one, a lot of people ping at the start of the game because invade is mostly what is going to happen and if you aren't stupid, you would have learn that TSM often invade from top. They just made their work and studied them before the game.

About people looking right and left. Are you guys real ? Do you think people need to be robot and watch their screen all the time ? They can't even stretch ? You guys talk about so much about the angle of a screenshot. Have you actually been on stage and tried to watch at the mini-map ? You know how "turned" the head need to be to actually see the map ? No you don't. EVERY SINGLE PERSON that accused a team of cheating is only based on clueless speculation.

GD is a shame to eSports, this community is what make us looks bad, not Riot itself.. Picking pitchfork and thinking they have any right over Riot or the tournament or any team itself. And all that, based on pure speculation and no one have no idea what they are talking about. It's sad.

DGGP

10-07-2012

http://i.imgur.com/DaZ6X.jpg
Post for great justice?

Owait Redbeard just gonna ignore this.

Yes, these exact images can be found on your official riot twitch stream replay before anyone goes throwing out the word "shop"

Neco Markro

10-07-2012

I thought the headsets were soundproof. How can you hear the crowd or vuvuzela?

Also, no addressing the "infamous" ping. Instead lets joke around and not answer the real questions plaguing the event.

Riot, this is the kind of stuff that gets you an F rating at the Better Business Bureau...

Nintura

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrameRunner View Post
Yeah, why would he be reacting to a loud sound when they're wearing those helicopter pilot style soundproof headsets Riot said they were using
So what youre saying is he looked at the minimap screen, then turned around and pinged the map correctly, all within 13 hundredths of a second? you do realize that is nearly the speed at which you blink.... more than likely, that was someone else pinging. Because what your image states is practically impossible.

Assyrianlegend

10-07-2012

redbeard, here is my question, so when you guys designed the stage, you FULL HEARTIDLY believed that people cant peak at the other teams minimap? The fact that you guys let this one slip is just outragous..