Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mygoodname

10-07-2012

Any plans for making a Lan version so these problems never occur again?
That way if internet does crash the game can at least continue and could be
recorded for uploading later =/
I really hate thinking of the feeling these pro teams have going through a 50
minute game that ends like that. It seems really unjust to the teams, and is
unacceptable situation if riot is continuing to expand in e-sports =/
The games were awesome, the ending was unacceptable =[

Eladeus

10-07-2012

What about AZF pinging the minimap on TSM's location with 0 vision on an area you wouldn't normally ping? Is that not blatant cheating?

Pliiny

10-07-2012

TSM/Azubu game

Ref's blew that call.

http://i.imgur.com/DaZ6X.jpg

The Hub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Keep your heads up guys. I hadn't played LoL in six or so months (I started in beta) and tuned into the championship and was absolutely floored with how professional and well done it was. My complaints were pretty tiny overall up until the bandwidth issue.

Michael Flatley

10-07-2012

Yes i think if riot truly cares about esports and not just about the marketing aspect of it, they will implement a lan-mode just for the big lan tournaments... i don't wanna hear about the fans crying it is too hard to design that or whatever, riot has tons of money, and games have had lan modes for at least 1.5 decades... so don't give me that.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-07-2012
9 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegafilter View Post
I just wanna thank whoever is involved working over this weekend and to all the rioters that worked at the venue saw a lot of them working like crazy.
Thank you Omega, I know the team appreciates messages like these. We take this very seriously, and a lot of people feel personally responsible for the events that caused the delay and reschedule. We will continue to work hard to ensure we get better each event.

Cruentum

10-07-2012

I am very thankful for this update. This has actually been bothering me nonstop (I've like literally been looking for any information whatsoever from here, Twitter, Reddit, and various other sites from anyone who has a name in esports and their opinion on any of these matters) since last night. I literally did not stop looking until 3 hours ago when Ii finally accepted that I needed to take a test as it needed to be submitted before 9:30 (EST).

But as you can see, right afterwords I came right back here to find the best possible source. Thank you RedBeard. While I was very disappointed yesterday (while a Best of 6/7/whatever was fun and made me really admire World Elite and CLG.eu as teams for their sheer endurance [especially how they managed to not seem angry on stage] I still am a dedicated M5 fan for over half a year. No matter how much I liked other teams so I was disappointed that we did not get their semifinals match) having this is very soothing to hear and I wish this situation the best because honestly I can't even comprehend how damaging this was (which I believe hampers opinion on this subject).

Though, I have heard that a lot of the people in the audience were okay with it and say that you guys were amazing at treating them I still can't help but feel sorry for them. And am really happy that you went to such lengths to entertain and support them (Dyrus handing out pizza to a crowd? I don't even like him but that still must be a sight to see). Please know that you still have tons of people waiting for you to continue and worry too long on internet issues. You guys still have probably a million+ people who want to see a team win the million dollars live next week!

Dr Kasper

10-07-2012

Bull**** Riot... complete and utter bull****.

Look at the facts, address the level 1 ping, address the taking of Q on Jayce right off the bat, address the issues at hand Riot.

You can fool the GD, you won't fool the rest of us.

HoT Kingkooz

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eletale View Post
you have no idea what you're talking about. The vuvuzela is for clg.eu vs we. The ping is from af vs tsm.
well then who blind pings ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Is he jesus??!???

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Still don't understand why booths weren't used for the players and why there was no LAN. The "noise-proof" headphones must not have actually been soundproof if a player turned due to sounds of the crowd.