Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vo0d0ochild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I liked the bump!
What was Riots reason for not putting the teams in booths where they could not see the screen? This problem doesn't seem that hard to have planned ahead for.

MASSTADEN

10-07-2012

thank you for the post, but Riot I hope you really take into consideration the necessity for a LAN mode. all the game needs is LAN mode for tournaments and this entire internet issue would have been avoided. the integrity of your game as an esport is in jeopardy when let your games be played online. right now this tournament is the laughing stock of esports and for good reason. Dota 2 is getting LAN for tournies and I believe I heard Blizz is putting in LAN for HOTS after the disaster at IPL and a few incidents in GSL. you cannot rely on your servers and the venue internet to work all the time. it was only a matter of time before an issue like this happened much like it was for SC2 and will be for Dota 2 if they don't put LAN in soon.

take this from someone who loves watching the competitive side of the game and has been watching Brood War for years and years. it is necessary and you absolutely must have a LAN enabled tournament client for season 3.

MZLeothechosen

10-07-2012

Quote:
Team WE/CLG.eu game

• A player from Team WE was not facing forward for a moment during the 3rd and final restarted game before we wrapped for the night.
  • We’ve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We haven’t found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.
http://i.imgur.com/DaZ6X.jpg

inb4 wrong game

AlphaPhoenix

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegafilter View Post
I REQUIRE MORE Tryndamere sitting in your lap it was to sexy.
Wait what? Someone, please show me a photo.

watface

10-07-2012

STILL no mention of Frost pinging TSM location 20 seconds in to the game.

You responded how you want to fix the problems at hand, and how you're dissapointed with how it played out. To fix it, ****ING MENTION THE HUGE PROBLEM AT HAND.

Please. Just clear things up. It's amazingly obvious that there was some cheating involved.

Summer Wars

10-07-2012

You don't need a "hug" as motivation Riot...what you need is tough love and stop acting like you are an individual. It's assumed that a "grand" amount of effort from Riot as a whole not just you or a small group. The truth is that these mistakes are inexcusable and downright disappointing. Stop acting like a victim of "chance" and pretending things like this can just be fixed through a post. A 2 million prize pool, yet mediocre execution in various aspects of this tournament. Don't promise us this won't happen next time, this should not have happened EVER...

Angel the Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

im curious on your opinion of deman saying the fans at home were "just a number/statistic and the people at the stadium are the only ones who matter", thats most likely not 100% accurate of what he said but its atleast 95%, i missed if he apologized or anything but he upset quite a few people and am merely curious on your standpoint.

Wu Chuang Heng

10-07-2012

Quote:
ha - that it was!

Thank you guys for staying strong through this, and proving you care, it's really reassuring!

BlGFISH

10-07-2012

So if through investigation, and you find out you were DDoSed would you tell us or hide it. I am just curious because I would like to know if you would hide anything back from us.
And for the TSM nobody noticed after the pause there was the ping to the lane TSM was going, sorry but that is too much coincidence.
Also as far as the CLG.EU and WE teamfight at the 58 minute mark it was obvious CLG.EU was going to win (imo anyways) why was the decision to do a remake and not give them the win right there.

OH NO ITS LU BU

10-07-2012

Redbeard, my customers fell asleep waiting for Game four to begin.

That's dedication.