Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BioSharkz

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0ndage View Post
OMG ITS THE NEAR THE END OF THE GAME, GUYS WE R LOSING.
QUICK LOOK AT THE SCREEN
LOOK @ THE SCREEN

*game restarted* whew.
The screen looker's team should have been reprimanded for it, not just a simple game restart where they get another try...

Yordles Rule

10-10-2012

Wow. They still haven't addressed the cheating allegations in stream. At least CLG eu won against the team WE who was caught peeking at the mini map. cheaters never prosper.

Edit: except maybe AZF?

BioSharkz

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordles Rule View Post
Wow. They still haven't addressed the cheating allegations in stream. At least CLG eu won against the team WE who was caught peeking at the mini map. cheaters never prosper.

Edit: except maybe AZF?
AZF prospered alright, no doubt. TSM should be sitting in that seat right now.

Zivstatic

10-10-2012

Great question -

I know a lot of you have been asking about the format of the WE/CLG matches. As an update, they’ll be playing a fresh best of 3 match to determine which team proceeds to the Semifinals.

Given the unique circumstances that impacted the games on Saturday, and the event delay/change of venue, we’ve decided that in this specific instance, a new match is the best course to ensure a fair outcome. Both teams were informed and on board with this decision, and they are preparing accordingly.

Did I not read this correctly because I was expecting best out of 3 not 1 game.

Ryuusuke

10-10-2012

He went on to say in a later post that upon further discussion they would only be playing the one game

Zivstatic

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRyuusukexX View Post
He went on to say in a later post that upon further discussion they would only be playing the one game
Ahh ok ok Ty

ServileLupus

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Again, we are still working on this. We hope to have a post later tonight, but if not it will be tomorrow that we outline this, and at the very least, the rulings will be issued prior to the Wednesday matches.

Thanks for your patience everyone, we have our hands full with the reviews, with the extra matches on Wednesday that we obviously weren't planning on, and then of course the World Finals setup.
Did they ever say anything before the games?

Yordles Rule

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServileLupus View Post
Did they ever say anything before the games?
No, looks like this was really just a second, better attempt to sweep everything under the rug. Cheating allegations not even mentioned on the stream.
I can't imagine ANY other sport that takes themselves seriously being this lackadaisical about cheating in high level competition.

Tetza

10-11-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2663221

this should be edited onto the first page.... more in depth for those who want to take a look...

M a V N

10-11-2012

I will be uninstalling and never playing your game again. To merely fine a team that is winning a MILLION dollars only 30k is a slap in the face to the community and integrity of the game and is completely UN-acceptable in Esports.

I will also be contacting any and all sponsors of your game and of AZF and encouraging anyone I know to do so as well.

Bad form , Riot. Bad form.