Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VaIse

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJaxon View Post
So Redbeard, if a different region made a ruckus about an NA or EU team possibly cheating, would you cave into their allegations and do an investigation, or is that a privilege granted only to the NA teams/forums?
"We’re investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. We’ll have a ruling based on the results of that investigation."

You are assuming he's singling out Azubu Frost when he isn't. All reported instances.

lanseven

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJaxon View Post
So Redbeard, in the future, if the Korean or SEA forums made a ruckus about an NA or EU team possibly cheating, would you cave into their complaining and do an investigation, or is that a privilege granted only to the NA teams/forums?

Dude it was never a question of TSM vs Azubu or NA vs Korea; It's about Cheating and Integrity of LoL as a competitive sport. If TSM was in the position Azubu is Right now, the NA forums would have ripped TSM a new one.

SkitZ HitZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
We have some team audio when we do the replays, but we don't give access to the full team audio.
would you be able to add me on league so i can talk easier? i sent invite to redbeard. um okay so we hear the comontaters when their playing?

Whisla

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
email tournaments@riotgames.com, and i'll have our college community guy respond to you to see if there is anything we can do to help out.
Awesome thank you very much!
edit: email sent :P

Pulsethefire

10-09-2012

I find it quite outstanding how dedicated Redbeard is towards making things go smoothly while also providing as much insight as he possibly can about what is going on, great job, keep it up!

As for the AZF/TSM issue, i think the less damaging outcome would be to go for a rematch or at least offering it (i heard rumors about TSM declining such offer before because Frost had an upper hand on them during these games...).

Anyway, this is because: If Azubu goes to the semi-finals without anything happening, all SoloMid fans are going to point fingers and rage; If AZF gets DQ and TSM takes their place it is going to be the other way around...
A clean rematch, even if time consuming, would partially prevent reputation and hate issues imo.

Mjaxon

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictryRos View Post
"We’re investigating all instances of reported minimap looking, and reviewing all available footage. This includes the level 1 ping in the Frost/TSM game many of you have pointed out. We’ll have a ruling based on the results of that investigation."

You are assuming he's singling out Azubu Frost when he isn't. All reported instances.
Fair enough. I think most of those reported instances came from the NA forums, which is why what I want to know two things: How much of a factor did the NA forums play into Riot's decision into conducting and investigation; and if the forums did play a factor, in the future, if the NA forums were silent and it was a different region demanding answers, would Riot have taken their allegations as seriously as they did ours? And would they have had the same relatively quick response as they've had here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanseven View Post
Dude it was never a question of TSM vs Azubu or NA vs Korea; It's about Cheating and Integrity of LoL as a competitive sport. If TSM was in the position Azubu is Right now, the NA forums would have ripped TSM a new one.
Seeing the responses and rationalizations given to the pictures showing members of tsm looking over as well, I don't think there would be nearly the same amount of furor as there is now.

Toon

10-09-2012

will we still being seeing word if tsm is back in this or not would love to see them back in it no rush was just seeing if i should go to bed or stick around and wait for official word?

Ashesofanangel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

In your effort to improve things going into the next season, could we get some spoiler boxes to hide match results on the tournament sites? Essentially, whenever I go to watch matches I missed seeing live, I don't want to know who won or lost yet, and this is usually the top information displayed. It would be awesome if the Team X vs Team Y: Semi-final match page would have the videos ready for viewing whilst everything else would be hidden in an expanding spoiler box(all you'd have to do would be click the little + to see the info).

Saiyou

10-09-2012

first of all i just want to applaud you and the rest of riot for your work to get the final quarter final game and semi finals back within a timely matter. i know you guys must have done some crazy all nighters and i just want to say good job. im hoping all the bugs are fixed now and am looking forward to the epic conclusions for the day 3 playoffs and of course the finals despite my team already losing in day 1. good luck to all the remaining teams.

Sarkhon

10-09-2012

@Redbeard...

I just want to say, after the MLG fiasco, I had lost faith in you... but I want to say that was unfounded and you have fully regained all confidence I had in you, and then some. I'm so happy that this is being treated in such a way that I can now put LoL into a category of professional "games" that I am proud to support. I had lost a lot of confidence, but you guys are growing, and now I put you guys in the same league as Wizards of the Coast (mtg) as far as companies go in keeping players informed and dedication to their game and their sport.

TL;DR -- Thank you. You are freaking awesome.

Oh, and if we have idea's of how to help improve LoL as an eSport (I'm majoring in sports journalism, I have some idea's), how would we get in contact with you guys?