Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pannucci

10-09-2012

^ no most of you won't but most of society now a days lacks conviction because they refuse to read. So go ahead be part of the mass of people who are headed toward poverty because you do not attempt to better yourself. Doesnt affect me at all except you are probably a democrate trying to tax me a lot more since im in the top 1% but the thing is that the more you tax me, the less jobs will be available to the lower class so enjoy not understanding economics since the biggest benefit to the lower class is actually not taxing the upperclass because it increases the amount of jobs created.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannucci View Post
^ no most of you won't but most of society now a days lacks conviction because they refuse to read. So go ahead be part of the mass of people who are headed toward poverty because you do not attempt to better yourself. Doesnt affect me at all except you are probably a democrate trying to tax me a lot more since im in the top 1% but the thing is that the more you tax me, the less jobs will be available to the lower class so enjoy not understanding economics since the biggest benefit to the lower class is actually not taxing the upperclass because it increases the amount of jobs created.
I tried reading what you posted earlier, but the lack of use of the enter key made it taxing on my eyes.

Kadromar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
As for the line of sight issue, we are working to address players not being able to look over the backs and up at the screens. We will be creating an overhang so this is no longer viable, and it'll be fixed for the conclusion of the playoffs as well as the finals.
I love that you said no longer viable as though it was a legitimate facet of strategy. Ahahaha. I know you meant no longer possible but man it made me chuckle. Very good job on the speedy fixes though. Keep up the good work.

ActionButlerGO

10-09-2012

Any explanation yet as to why there weren't screens/booths to prevent this from ever being a thing that Riot has to worry about punishing?

Angel the Dragon

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel the Dragon View Post
im curious on your opinion of deman saying the fans at home were "just a number/statistic and the people at the stadium are the only ones who matter", thats most likely not 100% accurate of what he said but its atleast 95%, i missed if he apologized or anything but he upset quite a few people and am merely curious on your standpoint.
I'd like a response to my question if possible, Riots opinion on this would help put my mind at ease, i know as a company Riot loves everyone (you've proven it time and time again) but i'd like to know if anything will come to Deman or if us fans at home get any sort of apology or anything.

Splitting so that it doesn't look like wall of death text.

Even if it was said only to calm the angry fans at the stadium, that is the most unprofessional and frankly hurtful thing someone could say to a group of people who care just as much if not more then the fans currently there. Some people had to work or couldn't afford the tickets this year so to hear that(for me personally) was very dissapointing and upset me quite a bit.

Ps. I am king of run on sentences

mid Vox

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
We finally sent RedBeard home for some well-deserved rest. While this is a bit off-topic, Season 2 will end on 10/23.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/s...atings-changes
Thank you sir, I didn't notice that date there.

Hi RedBeard!

Caucxican

10-09-2012

Can you guys hire PSY for Wednesday so he can perform Gangnam Style if there are any crashes or internet issues?

Danisflying

10-09-2012

Wow ok so I posted this before but it really does seem like riot don't even care about australians, I'm so fed up with these Europeans complaining about times, In Aus The series starts at 3AM, 3 freaking Am in the morning, it basically means we miss the whole tournament, Hell we don't even get servers remotely close to us, Yes awesome 180 ping 3am tournaments man I wish I at least lived in EU but riot won't answer any of my questions about AU times they seem too preoccupied with US/EU and Asia to even answer simple questions.

Sourd

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
Sorry for the delay It should be wrapped up soon, and I know you guys want information. Still, it's more important that we get things right than rush to judgment!

I'll make sure RedBeard gets a nice present from the team after the finals are over. He works as hard or harder than anyone I know at Riot. He cares deeply about making the next events that much better by learning from our mistakes.

But isnt your Investigation NOT As in NOT as in NOT going to include TEAM audio from the matches? So basically you're NOT reviewing this case effectively,fairly, and or properly? Kinda just using your own stance instead of solid evidence?

Caucxican

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourd View Post
But isnt your Investigation NOT As in NOT as in NOT going to include TEAM audio from the matches? So basically you're NOT reviewing this case effectively,fairly, and or properly? Kinda just using your own stance instead of solid evidence?
My old job had me making visual audit reports of employee theft at fast food restaurants and bars across the country using recorded surveillance camera footage. Though I didn't always have audio available at the location, I was still able to find the perfect snapshot to build my case for the owner that hired me. Though having audio always made my job 100x easier at times.

I would offer this point to Riot's investigators: If you are slow to announce the outcome because you feel the footage you have isn't 100% conclusive, show the accused what evidence you do have. People have confessed before in such occasions. Guilt is a powerful emotion.