Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ijneR

10-09-2012

Mr. Redbeard, Can we have you assurance that if certain parties are found guilty of cheating, you will take severe actions to set a precedent so that this doesn't happen again. Many ppl are under the impression that this will be swept under the Rug like the MLG fiasco.

YoshioPeePee

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrix View Post
Yoshio - yes, TSM told the judges the minimaps were visible during the match. After the pause and the alledged peaking of the minimap - TSM were ofered a remake. (AZF's pause was for communication difficulties, as their headsets were not working. So it would be a surprise if the player who's headset was not working, randomly saw a pause and wondered wtf it was for) The remake went ahead, and TSM ran the same strat that they were concerned had been compromised. That is NOT Azubu's fault.

EDIT: If there was no remake, it was because TSM didn't want it - Regi himself was the one that said in a vlog that he was offered a remake
if this is true than i have an even harder time understanding where the side that wants a rematch is coming from

why should another remake be granted for an incident that occurred before a remake was granted and before warnings were given to both teams?

i guess i am guilty of assuming that AZF must be accused of glancing at the screen after this remake occurred and after they were warned?

AZF cannot be punished again for something that was already addressed, remedied, and that they were already reprimanded for just because tsm was (unfortunately) left without a backup plan. If this is the case than tsm's misfortunes are more a result of an unfortuante situation than any "cheating" on the part of AZF.

wait a second this makes everything tsm has said and not said about this clear. Tsm never accused AZF of cheating, they felt that the fans were taking the whole thing too far, they were very unhappy with the situation, and they felt that a rematch might be a good idea but they understand that this may not be practical and have accepted the possibility that there will not be one.

this all suggests a situation where technical issues and unintentional mistakes may or may not have altered the game. It does not suggest a situation of blatant cheating.

this is what I get for giving people credit. I can understand why tsm is upset, i would be too, but they know AZF did not cheat, and this is not what they are unhappy about. The fans should get on tsm's level and realize what really happened and what, if anything they should really be upset about. To call AZF cheaters is ridiculous.

brobrodeel

10-09-2012

Redbeard: I for one appreciate your efforts since Saturday. You're working your ass off and that is commendable, as well as honorable(plug).

TLDR: GFJ and keep it up.
-the silent majority of summoners/fans

Magus

Director of Esports

10-09-2012
48 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxletum View Post
RedBeard

This may not be in your job description, but do you have an idea of when Season 2 will be coming to a close? (In that, ranked queues will be disabled and/or season rewards distributed) I'm currently trying to get into the Diamond club and it'd be nice to know if there was a set date for the cutoff since I've been hearing all sorts of conflicting information.
We finally sent RedBeard home for some well-deserved rest. While this is a bit off-topic, Season 2 will end on 10/23.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/s...atings-changes

Magus

Director of Esports

10-09-2012
49 of 58 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobrodeel View Post
Redbeard: I for one appreciate your efforts since Saturday. You're working your ass off and that is commendable, as well as honorable(plug).

TLDR: GFJ and keep it up.
-the silent majority of summoners/fans
Best Boss NA

Ajido

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxletum View Post
RedBeard

This may not be in your job description, but do you have an idea of when Season 2 will be coming to a close? (In that, ranked queues will be disabled and/or season rewards distributed) I'm currently trying to get into the Diamond club and it'd be nice to know if there was a set date for the cutoff since I've been hearing all sorts of conflicting information.
Riot told us this about a month ago, way to pay attention. Oct. 23rd is the last date when season 2 ends.

Natthan

10-09-2012

I just had a quick question, why has nobody brought up the fact the commentator saying something about the online fanbase not really mattering, or did someone mention this and i missed it?

Ajido

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natthan View Post
I just had a quick question, why has nobody brought up the fact the commentator saying something about the online fanbase not really mattering, or did someone mention this and i missed it?
I agree, that comment was in poor taste. Some say to just brush it off, but if Riot wants eSports to really grow it needs it's fans. They should talk to their people and make sure they respect the fanbase a little more.

Prizzles

10-09-2012

So instead of starting the remainder of the playoffs at a reasonable time (3pm EST) as they were originally planned you are starting it at 8pm EST? Makes absolutely no sense, you are distancing your entire east coast population and all of Europe by starting the first game so late. These games won't end until 3am EST or later. Some of your fans have jobs, families, and responsibilities. We all can't stay up until 3am to watch you fix your error. Hooray Riot, thanks for not letting me see the Semifinals and having to watch them on freaking VODs, you guys are the best at setting up awful event times.

I had been excited for this event now I won't get to watch the conclusion live to see who will actually play in the Finals. Thank you Riot for accommodating only your west coast viewers.

raidragon

10-09-2012

lol funny how red never answer anything about cheating and 'number ' comment but reply to nonsense question that can be answered by looking at front page