Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Riot is so pro, I love Lol and all you guys do for us.

Dreamhack last year was just unreal for me. I never really enjoyed watching sports, and all of that changed when I finally found a sport I like to watch ^_^

larkhill

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
there will not be anything done (announced yet) to AZF due to time constraints.
(this was said by regi in a AMA - Riot said that theres not enough time nad hte finals must be met on that date ready to go.
which is why i asked if they would even consider restarting more of the matches (including the tsm match) given more time to prepare a venue and a stable connection

IS1130ca93c056a16e55514

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxletum View Post
RedBeard

This may not be in your job description, but do you have an idea of when Season 2 will be coming to a close? (In that, ranked queues will be disabled and/or season rewards distributed) I'm currently trying to get into the Diamond club and it'd be nice to know if there was a set date for the cutoff since I've been hearing all sorts of conflicting information.
Riot already said season 2 ends at 23 october, ranked and elo will be reset.
U can find this information in the ranked thread, ( something with those new bagdes likse silver, bronze, ...)

YoshioPeePee

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth***** View Post
Hi red beard,

Thanks for the updates on the situations. cant wait to watch the games on wednesday.

I see that CLG and WE will have a new BO3 which is a very good decision.

With all the TSM, AF cheating saga going around. couldnt you just give them a new BO3 again? (IMHO AF was better that TSM and would most probably beat them again). this would solve many problems and put an end to the cheating accusations.

keep up the good work
even if a rematch would be the proper course of action (it is my opinion that it would not be)

it cannot be argued that starting the entire thing over at 0-0 would be proper as AZF won one of the games without controversy, if there was to be a rematch it should be done at 1-0 AZF advantage.

Food4Thought

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
which is why i asked if they would even consider restarting more of the matches (including the tsm match) given more time to prepare a venue and a stable connection
I'm assuming because they already sold out tickets and such, the tourny MUST go on for the final play, and its prolly 90% already set up
they are pretty locked in on this day.

to redo the matches would be alot, as if something did go wrong, then they are committed there and have to figure something out again.

shorter the better.

its alot to risk when they already have messed up so much, don't need to throw gas on the fire

Food4Thought

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
even if a rematch would be the proper course of action (it is my opinion that it would not be)

it cannot be argued that starting the entire thing over at 0-0 would be proper as AZF won one of the games without controversy, if there was to be a rematch it should be done at 1-0 AZF advantage.
I get what you are saying, but considering TSMs strat for game 1 was the early game, and then to realize you were cheated out of that strat..emphasis on CHEATED when you told a judge about it, and they did nothing...thats very demoralizing, if you watch any interview with tsm after the matches and it comes up, they were VERY upset and effected by it. understandably so too.
that alone could change their mindset for game 2, cloud their judgment and everything.

if the cheating happened game two id be with you that it would be 1-0 best of 3.

Dazrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post

TSM were offered the remake at the moment the alledged incident happened.

Caucxican

10-09-2012

People should remember that this picture: http://i.imgur.com/hntqU.jpg was taken AFTER the blanket warning for looking was given.

YoshioPeePee

10-09-2012

i find attitude and momentum to be too flimsy and subjective to justify taking an unquestionably legitimate victory away from AZF (i am addressing those that not only want a rematch but want the bo3 to be started over entirely despite the fact that AZF won 2 games and the controversy they are basing this on regards game 1)

and if i may be allowed a bit of speculation of my own, judging by the scrappy and aggressive way tsm played game 2 it does not seem to me that they were too demoralized to put up a proper fight. In fact i don't think it is likely that tsm even suspected any of this until after the matches were over and they had a chance to review the game

has tsm stated that they approached a judge in between the two games? I may have missed that if they indeed have said it. In either event they did not look like a team that was at a disadvantage due to attitude in the second game, and even if they were i don't think a victory can be taken away on those grounds. It is assuming too much about what was going on in the minds of the tsm players, something which is impossible to make an objective decision on.

i will also point out that i am aware that they expressed concerns about screen glancing and were granted a restart. The issue people are hung up on is what happened after this restart was granted and warnings were given. (Am I correct in assuming this?)

Dazrix

10-09-2012

Yoshio - yes, TSM told the judges the minimaps were visible during the match. After the pause and the alledged peaking of the minimap - TSM were ofered a remake. (AZF's pause was for communication difficulties, as their headsets were not working. So it would be a surprise if the player who's headset was not working, randomly saw a pause and wondered wtf it was for) The remake went ahead, and TSM ran the same strat that they were concerned had been compromised. That is NOT Azubu's fault.

EDIT: If there was no remake, it was because TSM didn't want it - Regi himself was the one that said in a vlog that he was offered a remake