Our Thoughts on Playoffs Day 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snow Day Zíggs

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post

• A player from Team WE was not facing forward for a moment during the 3rd and final restarted game before we wrapped for the night.
  • Weve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the players head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We havent found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.
If you had sound proof booths this wouldn't have been an issue now would it?

QQ Bro

10-07-2012

i gotta be honest, the screens being where they were shows how little foresight went into this tourney. i mean, if you guys are really trying to pass as a professional organization, did really none of u think "hey, the screens showing every ward and player postion is like 6 feet away from the players competeing"

im a college student and it seems to me that poor prior planning is what net's results like this. and yesterdays tournament screamed poor planning.

it would be like if the nfl put the oppositions plays up on the jumbotron, and then are absolutely shocked when the players look up.

tl;dr

too little too late, im done watching these tourneys for a while. you wasted my time, and it all was avoidable (except power outages).

Henry Plainview

10-07-2012

Quote:
[*]Weve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the players head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We havent found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.
BUT I THOUGHT THEY WERE WEARING SOUND PROOF EAR MUFFS LIKE HELICOPTER PILOTs

Mirodir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

[QUOTE=RedBeard;29998852]

• No further incidents of screen-looking were witnessed during this match.

What about the complete ghost-ping of AZF that was 100% accurate...while there's footage of one player turning his head? See: 7:42+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW7uNxqXfn8 I agree the rest of the video is bad. Lots of this was in times when turning the head wasn't any problem at all. This point is still annoying me the most.

On another hand. Let me quote myself from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirodir View Post
I think we all know that some teams cheated during their games. I'm not gonna use any teamname or name any player and I hope everyone responding can keep names out aswell.

If anyone figures out that there are moments you can look at the full minimap without getting scolded then they will abuse it.

The moment you realize this you'll start to think: "Oh, the enemy team might be doing this for a while already. You start to think that one or the other move they pulled off they only did because they knew your positions (might be true, might be luck) and you start to cheat aswell. You don't want to be the idiot-team who doesn't abuse the ability to check enemy positions when the other team already abuses it the whole time. The only way NOT to cheat after figuring it out makes you feel like a complete idiot. Since it is not human nature to love feeling stupid and cheated on you start to use what you've been giving aswell.

I don't blame any team for doing what they did. However I am seriously disappointed in the people who designed how the stage is set up. The shoutcasters were aware of the possibility that players can watch the screen during pauses. Why giving the teams the chance to cheat when you could set it up differently to make it harder/impossible?
Imagine in football/soccer if the both teams pep-talk would be slightly listenable from the other dressing room, so you can hear it only if you press your head against the wall and all the refs say is: "But you're not allowed to listen."
Nobody would like this. Nobody likes it in LoL.

You can't tell how even one glimpse decides the outcome of a match, maybe it's gamechanging, maybe it's nothing to care about. In my opinion Riot should watch every replay to figure out who was cheating and REPEAT those matches. They have one week time now thanks to the Internet issues they've had anyways. I want the winners to win in a fair match without any doubts of cheating and what not.

tldr: Whoever decided it is okay for people to be able to watch the bit-screen is bad and should feel bad. Matches with confirmed cheating should be replayed.
Especially the part in bold. The moment you set up the rules: "don't turn your head!" you should've realized that turning ones head is only human. Then you should've tried to make it MUCH harder/impossible to look at anything important.

On another hand:
You say you have to turn your body/head over 90. You ignore the fact that you can move your eyes aswell...and nobody is going to see this unless they are REALLY close.

What about this statement from RiotTiza?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.
While you now say that there has to be more investigation. This stuff makes you seem far less professional than you are.

And lastly:
Why didn't you set the event up on LAN?

chaser676

10-07-2012

How about the announcers comment about online spectators not mattering?

Gondörith

10-07-2012

Quote:
Thanks Blaze - we take this very seriously, and I can ensure you that we are working as hard as we can, and as fast as we can, to improve our eSports scene.
Don't be so hard on yourself, I've been enjoying myself watching, pretty decent casting and what not, only problem I'm having is not being able to watch from my Iphone when I'm not home.

WillDaSnail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Has there been any possibility that the internet connectivity issues was caused by a massive DDoS attack? Or was it simply internet that crapped up one too many times?

Vo0d0ochild

10-07-2012

Is it really that difficult to put each team in booths? Why was the idea not already used for this event? Seems very simple

Omegafilter

10-07-2012

Quote:
That is still being determined, but we are aiming for Wednesday as the makeup date. Please know these events require a lot of setup and configuration, so the exact day is still in flux.
I just wanna thank whoever is involved working over this weekend and to all the rioters that worked at the venue saw a lot of them working like crazy.

svew

10-07-2012

Why didn't u give clg the win when they were 7 seconds away from ending the game. They got robed a win