Wukongs voice doesn't fit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MACHSHO

08-16-2012

I like wukong, he's a fierce chinese monkey king, but he sounds like a white guy motivational speaker...

Can he either sound like a angry monkey or atleast a chinese dude? Please? Its hard to play this character and hear this corny whitebread motivation dialogue. I'd rather here fierce monkey jibberish, a chinese accent, or hell i dont understand chinese but him talking in it would be cool.

Thank you for your time, riot.

Kosheh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-16-2012

But that'd be completely changing Wukong's character. ):

Wukong's based on the Chinese epic Journey to the West (same thing the original DragonBall is based on). In the story, Sun Wukong, who's born from inside of a rock and well, goes on a long journey of self-discovery, meeting friends and foes alike.

In the story, Sun Wukong, while possessing a magic staff, the ability to turn to stone, create clones, of himself, and carries a magic staff, is also kind of a, well

he's an ass

He is this all-powerful being who spends most of the time bragging about it. :/

so, basically imagine young Goku's personality from the original DragonBall crossed with a monkey, and that's basically LoL's Wukong; which is why he has those ridiculous Saturday morning cartoon phrases including his obnoxious taunt. :P

Changing that would make Wukong come off as some kind of powerful sage; and while that would make Wukong extremely badass the character wouldn't be Sun Wukong; he'd just be a simian version of Master Yi.

and believe me; you don't want him to be an angry monkey. He'd get annoying fast as one of his attacks would have an incredibly irritating shriek (and therefore making him an even better top lane pick :P)

MACHSHO

08-16-2012

He can totally fit, think bruce lee...have him go "wooooooaaahhh!!" and smarmy dialogue in chinese.

Not all chinese people sound like sages *face palm*

Hentitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2012

he is fine now do not touch him

Outlawed

10-07-2012

actually the voice riot has is so off. The chinese league's voice of Wukong fits way better as this is how wukong shud actually sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2lf2Z2XiL4