Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking to buy a new laptop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

Okay, as the title says I am looking to buy a new laptop. My current laptop is fairly old and outdated and as I get more into LoL I would like to be able to run it on fairly high graphics with little or no lag. I'd like to be able to run LoL with around 60 - 70 fps at the very least. I have a budget of $1,000 to spend. I've been looking at this laptop here.

http://www.bestbuy.ca//en-CA/product/asus-asus-15-6-laptop-featuring-intel-core-i7-3610qm-processor-r500a-bb71-cb-mocha-r500a-bb71-cb/10209636.aspx

How would this computer fair with LoL?

SuperSlago

10-07-2012

Um it's not very good choice, coz that Asus have slow GPU (Intel GMA). Try looking for some laptops with dedicated GPU, like G-force GT520 or better, check Dell XPS laptops, it should cost about 1k $ or less and they run LoL like a boss.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

I was told Asus are a top brand gaming choice with Alienware.

SuperSlago

10-07-2012

Do what you want but srsly do not buy laptop with integrated GPU if you want to play ANY game... oh wait, solitare should run nice on it ;p But serious now, for LoL you dont need super laptop for gamers or smth, any laptop with dedicated GPU should works fine, i just give you an example of one of good laptops for games.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

The computer I linked has an Intel GMA HD which is actually better than the Intel GMA you're thinking off. The increased amount of shaders had it clock in as fast as G-force 9400M. So they GPU is actually pretty good. The 8GB of memory would suffice for LoL. LoL wouldn't even use the full 8GB even if I was streaming and running music in the background. And the Intel Core i7-3610QM processor is just beast.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

I'm actually probably gonna get this laptop. Which gives me some money to spend on a new monitor to hook it up to and maybe a steelseries keyboard and mouse Maybe i'll even get an Ocelote mousepad :DD

SuperSlago

10-07-2012

You are from US right?

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

North America.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

The dell laptop you mentioned. Do you mean alienware?