Looking to buy a new laptop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

Okay, as the title says I am looking to buy a new laptop. My current laptop is fairly old and outdated and as I get more into LoL I would like to be able to run it on fairly high graphics with little or no lag. I'd like to be able to run LoL with around 60 - 70 fps at the very least. I have a budget of $1,000 to spend. I've been looking at this laptop here.

http://www.bestbuy.ca//en-CA/product.../10209636.aspx

How would this computer fair with LoL?

SuperSlago

10-07-2012

Um it's not very good choice, coz that Asus have slow GPU (Intel GMA). Try looking for some laptops with dedicated GPU, like G-force GT520 or better, check Dell XPS laptops, it should cost about 1k $ or less and they run LoL like a boss.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

I was told Asus are a top brand gaming choice with Alienware.

SuperSlago

10-07-2012

Do what you want but srsly do not buy laptop with integrated GPU if you want to play ANY game... oh wait, solitare should run nice on it ;p But serious now, for LoL you dont need super laptop for gamers or smth, any laptop with dedicated GPU should works fine, i just give you an example of one of good laptops for games.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

The computer I linked has an Intel GMA HD which is actually better than the Intel GMA you're thinking off. The increased amount of shaders had it clock in as fast as G-force 9400M. So they GPU is actually pretty good. The 8GB of memory would suffice for LoL. LoL wouldn't even use the full 8GB even if I was streaming and running music in the background. And the Intel Core i7-3610QM processor is just beast.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

I'm actually probably gonna get this laptop. Which gives me some money to spend on a new monitor to hook it up to and maybe a steelseries keyboard and mouse Maybe i'll even get an Ocelote mousepad D

SuperSlago

10-07-2012

You are from US right?

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

North America.

Shibuya Boy

10-07-2012

The dell laptop you mentioned. Do you mean alienware?