Equation for new elo system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minimize

10-07-2012

-All of the following will be rounded up or down to the closest integer
-This is just per cs/kill/death/assist. You don't have to exceed the other team's CS/KDA's.
CS = .03 Elo
K = .3 x (Amount of Kill) = X -- Example: 5 kills = 1.5 elo.
D = -.3 Elo x (Amount of Death) = X Example: 5 deaths = -1.5 elo
A = .1 Elo x (Amount of Assist) = X Example: 5 Assists = .5 Elo = (We can't necessarily have a support with 30 assists getting the same amount of elo as someone who would have 30 kills).
Add or subtract 5 points for a win/loss. That way, if you do well and lose, you lose nothing. If you do badly and lose, you lose what you were supposed to. If you win and do poorly, you got carried and don't deserve elo. If you win and do great, you'll get oodles of elo, as you should.
When the equation finishes,
.3K - .3D + .01CS + .1A +- 5= X
Round it up to the nearest number.

EDIT: I LITERALLY JUST MADE THIS UP. IT'S NOT TWEAKED OR PERFECTED AT ALL. THIS IS FIVE MINUTES OF PUTTING IN NUMBERS THAT SEEMED APPROPRIATE FOR THE GIVEN AVERAGE KDA'S/CS IN LoL

Edit#2:
-For someone to go 10-0 in a game would literally give them elo compensation for their game.
-I'm sure something could be done for baron/towers/dragon/inhibs
-The Tribunal was designed to defeat trolls. Don't say someone can throw a game based on this system. People already do that now. That's not any different. It's not Riot's fault or my fault if the equation being used doesn't prevent people from doing that. Tribunal can only do so much.
-With adjusted numbers, the average elo gain for a win, if you did well: 11-14, average: 7-10, poor: 4-6
-With adjusted numbers, the average elo loss for a game, if you did well: 2-5, average: 5-8, poorly: 10+
-Does this need to be adjusted more? Yeah, probably. Once again, I just invented this and it's an idea. Please don't rage at me for promoting an idea.

Edit#3:
-I understand supports don't exactly have a fair name in this atm. I'm still working on how that could be fixed. Where there's a will, there's a way. >_<

Revoluxionist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

So basically... everyone is gonna run around in a 60 minute game, farming for the first 40, then killing each other in the next 20, right? I guess towers and inhibs are not important anymore?

Minimize

10-07-2012

The worst this system could do is promote KSing.
Otherwise, it would promote appropriate play and wanting to win moreso than before, because you yourself can actually create your elo. You don't have to worry about people screwing you over.
No one could actually get to 5 elo with kills alone and sit at the fountain and not try. That would be 15-17 kills. They wouldn't actually just go get what they needed and sit at the fountain and wait for a 0 exchanged loss.
I made this up in 10 minutes. It obviously will need some tweaking, but I think it's a decent idea. O.o

Minimize

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki91xD View Post
So basically... everyone is gonna run around in a 60 minute game, farming for the first 40, then killing each other in the next 20, right? I guess towers and inhibs are not important anymore?
I literally just made this up. It's not perfection, at all. It's a rough idea.

Minimize

10-07-2012

However, it is more fair than the current BS we deal with.

Kaicha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

LoL is much more than kills. Anything that scales with kills with turn LoL into a FPS-like kill fest and everyone will just go for kills instead of playing the game as it is intended to.

Minimize

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaicha View Post
LoL is much more than kills. Anything that scales with kills with turn LoL into a FPS-like kill fest and everyone will just go for kills instead of playing the game as it is intended to.
Elaborate as to how. Don't just say, "It'll do this," without an explanation.

Arruke

10-07-2012

If winning isn't determined by your KDA, than Elo gain shouldn't be either.

Revoluxionist

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vytalz View Post
Elaborate as to how. Don't just say, "It'll do this," without an explanation.
Teamwork. With your method, it is basically "Begging" you to go and get as many kills as you can, since you can "build your own elo". You would probably nonstop see assassins and Darius in every game. They would basically just not even farm if they didn't want to, just roam for kills until they have the required amount to make them even, then afk.

Also, there are still people now in ranked that cry about a "ks" and are willing to go afk just because of that. If this were to be implemented, then the "ks" are everywhere, wouldn't you think the person with little to no kills would be pissed?

CTkiller

10-07-2012

Why is it that the low elo players have a problem with the elo system

and no one else