Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I can't play... Can't even get to the loading screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReaperOfBodom

10-07-2012

Hi!

Today I tried to play a game. I chose my champion, but when I was supposed to get into the loading screen before playing the game, the loading screen didn't show up. I waited a long time, but nothing happened. Because nothing happened, I closed the game and open it back to try again. When I open LoL it says that I leaved the game in progress and I pressed the orange button to reconnect. But when I pressed the button, I see a black square, like if the game was going to pop up... but it doesn't.
I even tried to disable my firewall and my anti-virus but it doesn't help.
After that, I tried to restart my computer but nothing seems to work.

Any solutions?

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I speak french normally.

Thanks for helping

This is a print screen of what is happening...

IS13f753f426e64c

10-07-2012

I had the same problem but I never got the button to reconnect..AND this was in a ranked game >_>..which was also my first game in 3 days...

ReaperOfBodom

10-07-2012

Tell me if you got a solution :/

Van Darius

10-07-2012

This happened to me as well today

ReaperOfBodom

10-07-2012

Quote:
Van Darius:
This happened to me as well today

Is it still happening?

ReaperOfBodom

10-07-2012

After many attempts, I just go for uninstall and install again. And it works fine now.

cazsim

10-07-2012

I am having this exact issue. I froze out of a game earlier today, tried logging back in right away, and got the black screen. Tried logging in again about 4 hours later hoping the issue fixed itself, and still the black screen. Let me know if anyone finds a solution besides completely uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm getting a bit frustrated as that seems to be the only way to fix these type of issues with LoL.

Imabankthing

10-07-2012

Reinstalling did nothing for me, 3rd times a charm?

10-08-2012

Same problem here. I'm in a game RIGHT NOW but I can't play. I get an error message saying it might be my firewall even after I have disabled all firewalls. Yesterday it was fine.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

10-08-2012

Please see the black screen / crash after champ select fixes here, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=52018