Should Riot block players' line of sight to the minimap with, e.g., a hanging banner?

Yes 27 90.00%
No 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: Confirm Precautions (re: Minimap) for Finals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Can you confirm that they will not be playing on that same stage for the finals?

Or that if they are, you will at least add a classy Master Yi banner or something to make it physically impossible for the players to see the minimap?

If I were a player on one of these teams, I would want these changes, if only so that I wouldn't have to constantly be afraid that I would reflexively turn my head and DQ my team.

Personally, I think one-way glass between the players and the audience would also be nice: as funny as the ward kill thing is, and as awesome as it is for players to get feedback from the audience, this clearly can impermissibly transmit information in at least two ways:

(1) Unintentional: teams jockeying for Baron. No vision. One team decides to go for Baron. Other team sees the crowd leap to their feet and cheer. Other team has a pretty good idea what's going on. Another example: team decides to bluepill instead of pushing further. Crowd goes "awwww" and looks disappointed. Again, information conveyed.

(2) Intentional: I don't mean to impugn the honor or sportsmanship of any team, but let's say that a team were unscrupulous: could they not have an audience member make some sort of signal to indicate, e.g., Summoner spell picks? Or a set of 4 signals (clapping, raising fists to cheer, coughing, banging those applause-sticks together ... for instance) that would communicate which quadrant the enemy jungler was in?

I understand you want a dramatic spectacle for the crowds, but a few unobtrusive precautions would do a lot to prevent ongoing bad blood between the regions.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

If you like the thread, please keep it bumped for a Red response.

Or if you have other ideas as to how to address these problems discreetly, please post those.

If you draw Teemo well, go ahead and do that too.

illtre

10-07-2012

i think riot as a company has really bombed. i used to respect them and think highly but, with the 2 crashes during the WE/CLG game at a event like this!?!??!? comepletely wrong/unprofesional/filthy, and flat out bad looking. when i was watching the steam i did not know the big screen would be visible towards the players playing the game, the fact that they have it visible is just fking sad. riot, your only asking for bad things to happen if u make something like a mini map visible.

CupcakeTrap

CupcakeTrap

10-08-2012

They're adding the banners thing.

Let's go for broke: hey Riot, what about something so that nobody can signal (e.g.) Summoner Spell selection from the audience? Like one-way glass?