Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

[Champion Concept] Bael, The Forgotten Shadow (w/ artwork)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bael, The Forgotten Shadow (Mage, Ranged, Carry)

Long ago, before the wars had started in Runeterra, a species known as the Kyran were a strong presence throughout Piltover. The Kyran were a bright race dedicated to a higher learning of their ability to manipulate shadows. In turn they had no thirst for violence as all time was spent studying. When the wars began, the Kyran were pushed to the brink of extinction. The few survivors fled to a secret location engulfed by shadows. They weren't the only inhabitants. In order to stay hidden just long enough to be forgotten by the world the Kyran learned the ability to manipulate dark matter as well as shadows.

Bael, the most intelligent and skilled warrior in the Kyran society, had overheard two men on his scavange for supplies. They spoke of the League of Legends. Bael saw this as the perfect opportunity to prove to the world the race known as Kyran are not extinct and a force to be reckoned with.

"Underestimating me shall be there downfall." -Bael

More Artwork to come. Art Credit: CallMeBees

Damage 47.2 (+3/per level)
Health 350 (+80/per level)
Mana 235 (+45/per level)
Move Speed 305
Armor 12 (+3.5/per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0/per level)
Health Regen 5.5 (+0.55/per level)
Mana Regen 7 (+0.65/per level)

PassiveEngulfed In Shadows- Bael has an aura of shadow that consumes damage from the next enemy ability.

Cooldown: 4 minutes(regardless of CDR)

Q:Dark Matter- Bael fires a wave of dark matter, marking any enemy champion hit with darkness for 3 seconds.

Bael fires off a wave of dark matter dealing 35/55/75/95/115 magic damage. Also, marking enemy champion struck with darkness

Passive: Bael takes 5/10/15/20/25 % reduced damage from all enemy champion basic attacks while they are marked with darkness.

Active: While passive is active Bael returns damage absorbed.

Cost: 28/31/34/37/40 Range: 1000 Cooldown: 8 seconds Target: Skill shot

W:Shadowed Prey- Bael sinks into a shadow form becoming untargetable for 2 seconds. Also dealing DPS.

Bael sinks into a shadow for 2 second becoming untargetable while dealing 30/34/38/42/46 magic damage each second.

Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Range: 0 Cooldown: 14 seconds Target: Aura

E:Twisted Escape- Bael summons a portal made of dark matter.

Bael summons a portal made of dark matter for 4 seconds. Upon entry all Bael's debuffs are removed and the movement speed of Bael and allied champions are increased by 30/35/40/45/50 % for 3 seconds. Also, all enemy chamions who enter are feared for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds

Cost: 30 Range: 650 Cooldown: 9 seconds Target: Selected

R:Shadow Form- Bael consumes himself with shadows, taking form of an enemy champion.

Bael consumes himself with shadows, taking the form of a selected enemy champion and dealing 80/90/100 % of their basic attack damage (+ % of AP).

Cost:120 Range: 850 Cooldown: 105 Target: Selected

Im completely open to any suggestions. His stats are a copy of Ezreals because thats the type of champion i want him to be. Just a different skill set and strictly magic damage.

This is my first champion design and i hope you guys like it. I hope RIOT see's this as well.

More artwork to come.

Reasons he wouldn't be OP: Passive is easily wasted. (ex. Tryndamere casts his ability lowering damage and slowing. Bael's Q, if active is used, returns the 0 damage he absorbed).

Ult only copies basic damage of an enemy (ex. Baels basic does 101.2 at level 18. Enemy Champion basic does 87. Baels basic changes to 87 {+% of AP}).

Q returns damage absorbed as magic damage so magic resist easily lowers damage taken.

I came in here to post something, but I forgot...

then how do i fix it?