@Riot.... I've been suspended for a weak case against me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crehbohrahku

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrietti View Post
A few weeks back Lyte mentioned in a thread that only about 1% of players are in the tribunal. This thread was closed so I cant do a proper quote but I'll throw up a link for ya

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2571712&page=2

Back in 2011 they released that only 1.4% of players have received tribunal punishments.


So quite a bit of this community manages to play together just fine, da internetz and all. Maybe you could join us?
I highly doubt only 1.4% are getting banned, perhaps you mean perma-banned? I bet more than 30 percent of summoners have been banned at some point in time. You can ban someone for anything.

Edit: Their statistics are probably based on the number on players too. Do you know how many smurfs there are in this game? No u don't. It's so easy to make another account, I have 4 total. There are several accounts that no one plays on or barely plays on. So this statistics are probably wrong too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XFactorDieminion

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
I highly doubt only 1.4% are getting banned, perhaps you mean perma-banned? I bet more than 30 percent of summoners have been banned at some point in time. You can ban someone for anything.

Edit: Their statistics are probably based on the number on players too. Do you know how many smurfs there are in this game? No u don't. It's so easy to make another account, I have 4 total. There are several accounts that no one plays on or barely plays on. So this statistics are probably wrong too.
You don't even need to put a reason in why your reporting them. You just click report player and generic topic. No reason why.... just report them.. and if they get to the tribunal some other troll or person will judge the case .... cause we all know it's fair letting the public judge a case cause we all share the same reasons with everyone on the terms of what constitutes a punishable case right? Ohhhhh this guy is annoying and is being negative... punished! Now wheres my free IP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crehbohrahku

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcrusher842 View Post
You don't even need to put a reason in why your reporting them. You just click report player and generic topic. No reason why.... just report them.. and if they get to the tribunal some other troll or person will judge the case .... cause we all know it's fair letting the public judge a case cause we all share the same reasons with everyone on the terms of what constitutes a punishable case right? Ohhhhh this guy is annoying and is being negative... punished! Now wheres my free IP.
LOL I'm probably banned right now cuz I raged 10 games in a row. I have never been banned before on my main and now a ban will come, I'm hoping it will too. I want an excuse to leave this game, I'm aiming for perma-ban. GL to you man and hopefully you find a better game, cuz this community isn't what it seems like on the surface.

edit: I used to be active in the forums too but forum community is lacking a lot. DOTA 2 is coming out soon you should try that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrietti

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakufreak View Post
I highly doubt only 1.4% are getting banned, perhaps you mean perma-banned? I bet more than 30 percent of summoners have been banned at some point in time. You can ban someone for anything.
The stat I read was 1.4% of all players have been punished by the Tribunal. Keeping in mind that 1.4% of millions of people is quite alot but percentage wise I would say we are not a very toxic community.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/t...-million-votes

here are some other places the stat is discuessed as well

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tribunal

http://news.mmosite.com/content/q/20...t_banned.shtml

and you cannot ban someone for anything. You can report them for anything (though false reporting has consequences) but it takes several reports to send a player to tribunal and then people have to vote to punish you and the punish rate of tribunal is only around 50%.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcrusher842 View Post
Ohhhhh this guy is annoying and is being negative... punished! Now wheres my free IP.
And that would be why IP is being removed from the tribunal. Or did you not know that before?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrietti

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcrusher842 View Post
You believe everything you read on the internet.... even if it's from someone who works in the company. Omg this guy posted a statistic in the forum and he works for the company... so it must be true.
and your assumption that we are all being lied to is a better one?

You have absolutely nothing to back your claims that everyone acts this way and when given evidence to the contrary you crawl further into denial and claim that riot is lying to make you look bad...seriously dude....reform or not I dont care since either way your toxicity will eventually be removed from the game by yourself or by the community.

You are not looking for help you are looking for sympathy and an outlet to rage more. Troll on, im done feeding you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XFactorDieminion

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrietti View Post
The stat I read was 1.4% of all players have been punished by the Tribunal. Keeping in mind that 1.4% of millions of people is quite alot but percentage wise I would say we are not a very toxic community.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/t...-million-votes

here are some other places the stat is discuessed as well

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tribunal

http://news.mmosite.com/content/q/20...t_banned.shtml

and you cannot ban someone for anything. You can report them for anything (though false reporting has consequences) but it takes several reports to send a player to tribunal and then people have to vote to punish you and the punish rate of tribunal is only around 50%.

Your really going to try and use those links as facts. LoL wikki. MMO site. You really think that is creditable? Face it... your a tribunal fan boy. Read the comments on the MMO site of what people think about the statistics and the Tribunal... ill do you a favor and post some.


Quote:
Giving the Dbags too much power and they will spread their ******yness all over the game..

I've played LoL.. And it's never the good teammate that reports 98% of the time.. It's that idiot ******bag who thinks he's the whole team by himself..

Fail system is failure.. A ******y community like LoL's do not deserve to moderate each other..
Quote:
LOL... player banning... so exploited...

Never have worked in any other game, and never will be here too.

It's the company's own fault for not hiring enough GMs to monitor.

Why... Blizzard still have the most gaming players on the planet, and yet... they can monitor them all?
Why? because Blizzard hired 5-10 GM per "realm" or "server"...

If you have Millions of players that's playing your game?
You as a company have to live up to the expectation and get more resources to support your game.
Not just give normal players GM powers... it's stupid...
Probably the best comment of them all... and it's a fact of what he says.

Quote:
I really want to give this game a spin but every time I read something about it I don't want to. I've never been very good at these games and I know the learning curve is steep but I don't really want to be hounded because I'm obviously playing badly because I'm trying to learn the game and its apparent I suck and I don't need some jerk saying it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XFactorDieminion

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrietti View Post
and your assumption that we are all being lied to is a better one?

You have absolutely nothing to back your claims that everyone acts this way and when given evidence to the contrary you crawl further into denial and claim that riot is lying to make you look bad...seriously dude....reform or not I dont care since either way your toxicity will eventually be removed from the game by yourself or by the community.

You are not looking for help you are looking for sympathy and an outlet to rage more. Troll on, im done feeding you.

There's my backup... people from the community commenting on a site your using to back up your statics.... the public voice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crehbohrahku

Senior Member

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrietti View Post
The stat I read was 1.4% of all players have been punished by the Tribunal. Keeping in mind that 1.4% of millions of people is quite alot but percentage wise I would say we are not a very toxic community.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/t...-million-votes

here are some other places the stat is discuessed as well

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tribunal

http://news.mmosite.com/content/q/20...t_banned.shtml

and you cannot ban someone for anything. You can report them for anything (though false reporting has consequences) but it takes several reports to send a player to tribunal and then people have to vote to punish you and the punish rate of tribunal is only around 50%.
yeah you're right i meant "can report for anything". Yeah and I do remember these statistics, I actually laughed when I saw them. To me it seemed like riot was avoiding the problem rather than fixing it. I've been to the troll websites and I know the people who get banned because I'd be one of them. I know this part of the community very well, and I know these statistics are flawed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XFactorDieminion

Senior Member

10-08-2012

You can change statics any which way you can to make the company or any system look good.. unless your behind the scene and know what's really going on they can feed you all the bs that they want.