What's with these cases? Do these people even KNOW there's a Tribunal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Olaeceae

10-08-2012

Every single case I read I see people being completely toxic and act as if their actions/words have no repercussions aside from the backlash they'll receive from their teammates.

I'll literally go through my entire daily amount of cases voting to punish the vast majority of these cases while skipping a few of the ones I'm not sure about.
A lot of these cases are just outrageous.

Do these people not know there is a Tribunal and that the chat log is visible for the people who will be judging them?
It's so hard for me to pardon any of these cases and only once have I ever found someone who had been unfairly reported.

Fellentier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaeceae View Post
Every single case I read I see people being completely toxic and act as if their actions/words have no repercussions aside from the backlash they'll receive from their teammates.

I'll literally go through my entire daily amount of cases voting to punish the vast majority of these cases while skipping a few of the ones I'm not sure about.
A lot of these cases are just outrageous.

Do these people not know there is a Tribunal and that the chat log is visible for the people who will be judging them?
It's so hard for me to pardon any of these cases and only once have I ever found someone who had been unfairly reported.
I entirely agree, but people whom are negative don't believe that it will happen to them. They think they are "immune" to the system. I read them like I was there, as every inidivudal, and attempt to see it form each perspective. 95% of the time, this is what crosses my mind "Why on earth would you say the N word THAT MANY TIMES? "

"/auto-punish"

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

mostly people think

"the tribunal is a joke"

"I wont ever get banned by those kids"

"only people banned are banned by troll spamming punish"

and so on, just to quote a few of banned players that come to cry on these forums.

Although they know there is a tribunal, they seen to think they are too good to be caught by it, and when they do, they get all mad and try to blame the tribunal itself to excuse their behavior.

Emailsupport7346

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
mostly people think

"the tribunal is a joke"

and so on, just to quote a few of banned players that come to cry on these forums.

Although they know there is a tribunal, they seen to think they are too good to be caught by it, and when they do, they get all mad and try to blame the tribunal itself to excuse their behavior.
Actually Lyte said that the average player doesn't know what the Tribunal is.

magooomba

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
mostly people think

"the tribunal is a joke"

I really, really wish you would stop with these generalizations. All this post does is instigate conflict. It solves nothing, it doesn't even remotely promote discussion, and it accomplishes nothing but trying to goad someone into a response.

There are far more effective means of saying that some people don't view the Tribunal in the same light as you without relentlessly chastising them (which really only makes you look bad).

Arrietti

10-08-2012

Based on the amount of "how did this get me banned" threads I strongly feel that people rationalize away their toxicity as valid observations and therefore are unable to see it as toxic behavoir. I would be more baffled by what I saw in tribunal cases if I was not so constantly baffled how people, seeing their reform cards, could think that what they did/said wasn't punishable/bannable in the first place. And then go on to argue in favor of it, lol.

Just keep in mind that those players in tribunal make up only a small amount of our playerbase. So not everyone is a clueless db, just a majority that make it to judgement are.

Wightraven

10-08-2012

Tribunal is starting to be less fun because of it. More often than not I just have to look at the first few lines of a case. Used to be I'd have to leaf through several different cases, weigh circumstantial evidence and really make a decision. Now I usually see bannable behavior in the first few lines of the first case and wait for the counter to tick down. About 18 of my 20 cases a day are like this.

Man, I'm glad the community is cleaning up in some respects but at the same time... it makes it less fun to clean. Like when you clean a dirty fan you haven't cleaned in months... and then try to get the same pleasure out of cleaning it again next week.

Kinvaras666

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooomba View Post
I really, really wish you would stop with these generalizations. All this post does is instigate conflict. It solves nothing, it doesn't even remotely promote discussion, and it accomplishes nothing but trying to goad someone into a response.

There are far more effective means of saying that some people don't view the Tribunal in the same light as you without relentlessly chastising them (which really only makes you look bad).

Although I agree I might not have formulated my post in the best ways, I don't really see what is the problem with it.

Okay, I was wrong about if they know there is a tribunal or not, but the thing is: even the ones that know there is a tribunal, even the ones that already got one, two, three, seven bans from the tribunal, they keep thinking they can do anything and they will never get banned (and I am talking about the toxic players, not every player, sorry if that wasn't clear enough on my last post)

Those quotes I posted are just a few that can be found in this very forum, made by people who, even after seeing their own reform cards, and being told by the majority of people who post, that they deserve their ban, they keep on trying to make excuses and prove their behavior wasn't bad.

So yes, I see no reason why I shouldn't have posted those, as it does have a relation with this thread, but please forgive me if I was too harsh or not clear enough on my last post, it was not my intention to generalize all the players, I was just talking about people who know they will get banned but do it anyway.

Aksalo

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightraven View Post
Now I usually see bannable behavior in the first few lines of the first case and wait for the counter to tick down. About 18 of my 20 cases a day are like this.

tribunal sux, and ppl that reply here thinking themselves as judges are lame and one sighted

Wightraven

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksalo View Post
tribunal sux, and ppl that reply here thinking themselves as judges are lame and one sighted
Right, allow me to elucidate...

Bannable behavior in the first line is usually "MID OR I FEED" or "gg nubs this Ahri" or "N******" or "f*** these f*****s." etc. etc. etc. etc.

I mean, really. It's like they're TRYING to make it easy. I'd rather have to sit and do research and try to figure out if they're really at fault. Hell, even the intentional feeding cases I have are something like 0/20/0 in a 20 minute game, or someone who's half the level of everyone else with nothing but wards or boots in his inventory.