Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Current opinion on Zyra?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaltiestBallsNA

10-07-2012

Everybody thought she was OP on release (which I'll admit was more or less true) and then she got nerfed.
Just wondering what the GD's current opinion is on her? I don't see many other people playing her and now she's become one of my most played mages alongside Veigar. Is she still considered strong?

Queen Sejuani

10-07-2012

She is still one of the best AP carries. At least in solo queue.

People don't play her because everytime somebody gets nerfed JUST SLIGHTLY, they instantly think the champion is unviable, and move on to something else, while in reality the nerf was not even that big and that only Zyra damage was barely nerfed. She still has the same amounts of CC and territory control she had when she was released.

Thats unhealthy

10-07-2012

I think she zones harder than Orianna. With damage to boot. Definitely still good.

octavian1127

10-07-2012

She's still extremely strong. She zones well and pushes hard without really having to open herself up to ganks. Despite being slow, she can get away from ganks fairly well. Her CC is great and she can build pretty tanky without giving up much damage. She also fits into alot of team comps well. Her range is a good counter to a poke comp, especially with plants blocking skill shots. Theoretically she is vulnerable to gap closers, but I've found that a quick finger on E can stop most gap closer type mids (especially LeBlanc).

Xyrne

10-07-2012

I prefer burst mages, or those that don't depend on micro managing some stupid little turrets.

SweetNausea

10-07-2012

#1 support

Carnn

10-07-2012

I still think the slow on her E plant is too strong. In combination with her snare and knockup it's honestly too much CC for a champ with as much damage and zone control as Zyra.

Balfire

10-07-2012

Shes still a fantastic mid she can hold her own in most matchups and is amazing in team fights. People just stopped playng her because she wasn't OP anymore.

Luvztt

10-07-2012

I think she's a crazy good mage and a very useful and fun support. Even if they try to nerf her to oblivion (also known as Karma's home), she still has Jessie's hair. How can you not love that?

Heartlis

10-07-2012

The nerfs took her from broken OP to strong, still definitely a good choice vs almost any mid but Gragas