dude urgot's range is low

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

as Desolator

10-08-2012

his basic attack is 425 so is his ult when i see ashe with 550 what madness is this!

BoboLoL

10-08-2012

He was in a fine seat, mostly a niche on SR, then they buried his general range and made him worthless.

If they revert the changes perhaps he'll see some love again.

Benshare

10-08-2012

yeah dude, range low

cavecricket48

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by as Desolator View Post
his basic attack is 425 so is his ult when i see ashe with 550 what madness is this!
Ashe actually has 600 range.

Urgot has 425 range to counteract how spammable Acid Hunter, though it's rather easy to go OOM with Acid Hunter spamming unless you buy a Tear or a Glacial Shroud.

The problem here is that the lock-on range for Acid Hunter was nerfed by a rather nasty 300 units, from 1500 to 1200. That's my biggest beef with Riot over this, and over the fact that they completely screwed up trying to nerf him and instead rendered him (mostly) unplayable.

Certified

10-08-2012

Sivir also has low range, but she has incredible range with her Boomerang Blade...
Urgot has low range but has decent range with his spammable Q, also if he manages to lock onto a target, he has god-like range on his Q, which tracks... I think his range is fine as it is, because you have that huge range enhancement abilitity... It would be totally unfair if Urgot had any more than 475 range at the very most...'
If he was slightly buffed in other aspects, but his range remained 425, he'd be fine...
If his range was increased to 450 but his other abilities and ratios remained the same, he'd be fine...
IMO, one of the 2 needs to happen, just a minor tweak

cavecricket48

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post
Sivir also has low range, but she has incredible range with her Boomerang Blade...
Urgot has low range but has decent range with his spammable Q, also if he manages to lock onto a target, he has god-like range on his Q, which tracks... I think his range is fine as it is, because you have that huge range enhancement abilitity... It would be totally unfair if Urgot had any more than 475 range at the very most...'
If he was slightly buffed in other aspects, but his range remained 425, he'd be fine...
If his range was increased to 450 but his other abilities and ratios remained the same, he'd be fine...
Locked Acid Hunters no longer have the "god-like" range you claim they have. The one thing going for Urgot early was the fact that Acid Hunter could actually track targets going slightly out of sight range; unfortunately, you can no longer do this, and there are his other nerfs that combine to keep him in his unhappy state today.

Fargo79

10-09-2012

Yes for Champs like Urgot, Morgana and Karma.. all have 425 attack range... i made a post abou thtis months ago and go shot down saying they were OP enough and didnt need their AA range boosted... Urgot and morg have it the worst.. i dont know how many times people have got away from me cause 1.) they move sooo slow and 2.) their AA range is so short that u cant even hit them..

which makes it so easy to kite them... sure if u hit them with a snare or acid hunter then u can get them.... but when every ranged champ that have released in the 2 years or so all have 500 or more... why annie has 600 attack range is beyond me..

but when it comes to last hitting minions for farm without having to burn mana a 425 is actually less then the caster minions.... how they came upwith that and thought is was fair i have no clue... if they had even a 500 AA range would save morg and urgot the pain of not over extending in lane and taking damage they shouldnt have to just for farm...

Beaumains

10-09-2012

I do believe that Locked Acid Hunters outrange even Trist; he can still poke at people under towers with it. However; the major failing here was comparing a skirmisher to a dedicated carry. Urgot is not a carry; he's not even listed as a carry: he's listed as a fighter and a skirmisher; he is a 'mid-game' champ on top of that. His range is fine, including his auto-range; he could maybe use some slight damage boosts, but other than that he's not too bad.

BlackIronBeast

10-09-2012

I am saying yes to this thread as hard as I can. I played Urgot before and after he got nerfed. I didn't think he was OP before the patch, just extremely useful. Like someone else mentioned in this post, Urgot is not a carry. His point is to counter AD carries but he won't snowball through end game and push towers like a boss--his shine is mid game. Every time I've picked him recently since the patch, I just get too frustrated between his gimped range and my teammates yelling at me that I don't know how to play him when they don't seem to understand that when you hit with Noxian Corrosive Charge at max range, acid hunter will not lock onto them from the vary same distance. Now, perhaps there is a latency issue I had or maybe they were just a wee bit quicker than I could execute the attack in range of them, but I can't count how many times I've nailed them with Noxian Corrosive Charge and immediately use my Acid Hunter only to have it trail out in front of me in a straight line and hit nothing...I feel like he should either have an increased AA range or have a longer range for the lock on Acid Hunter--not FREAKISHLY long range--but a bit further than it currently is because I seriously feel like every time I pick him, he's useless. Flame me kind sirs for being a noob to your hearts content but I would really like to be able to play this champion again.

I actually don't mean "counter" AD carries, I mean bully them out of lane to prevent them from farming last hits, or at least keeping them on their toes.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post
problem is sivir has no conditions to do damage with her boomerang and if u get 2 hits with it in most cases it'll do similar damage at half the mana. Urgot's on the other hand can only apply his q twice/3 times without any cdr and at most 4 times with 40% and has to land his e first which makes the conditions harder and along with that his late game is just awful not to mention if u add all that up ur spending easily twice the mana on urgot then u would on sivir.