stop asking for gender/racial diversity!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarthaJones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2012

I find asking or demanding anyone to include each particular culture,race, or sexual orientation is increasing racial/cultural discrimination to a degree.

it shouldn't matter what gender you are
it shouldn't matter your sexuality
and it shouldn't matter what color your skin is.

We don't need to go out of our way to be diverse in every video game and tv show. its old. Not to mention there is no need to even indicate the sexual orientation of video game characters unless it has something to do with the story. That goes for pretty much everything. if it doesn't need to be in the game for a storyline purpose than it should not matter if it is in there or not.

I'll let morgan freeman get the last word.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2d2SzRZvsQ

Westey

10-09-2012

Well there goes my wish of having a half African-American, half Asian of Jewish descent.

Thanks a lot.

gavnuts

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaJones View Post
I find asking or demanding anyone to include each particular culture,race, or sexual orientation is increasing racial/cultural discrimination to a degree.

We don't need to go out of our way to be diverse in every video game and tv show. its old. Not to mention there is no need to even indicate the sexual orientation of video game characters unless it has something to do with the story. That goes for pretty much everything. if it doesn't need to be in the game for a storyline purpose than it should not matter if it is in there or not.

I'll let morgan freeman get the last word.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2d2SzRZvsQ
ROFL nicely done man. Props +1 to you. INB4 peeps calling morgan freeman not really black.

BigL80

10-09-2012

I want to see a few black champs.

relevantex

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaJones View Post

I agree OP! So let's make 95% of the champions white and pretend it doesn't have anything to do with the psychology of current views on race in the world. It's perfectly okay for the last 20 champions to be white, but asking for darker skin on the next champion? DISCRIMINATION!

KittensDeluxe

10-09-2012

I'm not sure you understand affirmative action. It's about causing a material change.

MarthaJones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by relevantex View Post
I agree OP! So let's make 95% of the champions white and pretend it doesn't have anything to do with the psychology of current views on race in the world. It's perfectly okay for the last 20 champions to be white, but asking for darker skin on the next champion? DISCRIMINATION!
The point is it doesn't matter the skin color of the next 20 champs. Does it to you? why?

Its not a bad thing if Riot draws inspiration from other cultures ,but they could very well have their reasons not to. If you view the Champions as each part of a community that consists of all the champs you should accept it for what it is. Who cares what the percentile breakup of the skin color is.

My community (IRL) is ~45% white, ~45% Hispanic, and ~10% other.
Is that worse than a 100% Asian or 100% African? Not to me.

Demanding cultural diversity for the sake of diversity shows to me that you probably have some sort of racial bias.

Jesus the Friend

10-10-2012

I'm hispanic and I have never, ever cared about the "race" of my character in FANTASY games.

Only morons would care.

MarthaJones

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus the friend View Post
i'm hispanic and i have never, ever cared about the "race" of my character in fantasy games.

Only morons would care.
thank you :d

Gallant Spike

10-10-2012

I'm sick of stupid **** like this. I am a firm believer in same *** marriage, and it upsets me that churches won't sign marriage licenses because they want to keep their stern reputation. What really upsets me are the tards who advertise to the world "I'm f***ing gay, deal with it" and make it worse for the rest of us who want civil discussion by getting drunk, crashing at a party, and setting a terrible example for the rest of the gay community.

Folks, being yourself is awesome, but not to the extent that everything you say and do revolves around your beliefs whether it be race, age, or sexual orientation. If you're gay, that's cool, I support your decision, just don't take your beliefs and flaunt them in other people's faces because it makes you look like you're begging for a reaction no matter what it is. The same applies to every other denomination in society. Work on being a person first, then whatever you want to be second, and people will respect your opinion better when you aren't shoving it down their throat or asking for special treatment.