Who Should Get Next Visual Upgrade?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSilver

10-08-2012

Ironstylus, the leona skin has to be released as soon as possible

TheUltimate3

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This might sound weird but I'd actually like to remake Leona a bit. Correct some errors I made in her original design..

*cough* heels *cough*
I doubt my opinion matters, especially four hours later, but I like Leona's heels...

Phenomenomnomnom

10-08-2012

Udyr.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
but where's the fun in telling them early? isn't it much more fun to speculate? i'd like to think so, especially since they won't have to wait very long for the next one…
Sometimes, when its fun and a cool little give away or trail of breadcrumbs or secret parrot chatter...then its ok

Then when you stop putting out champs every 2 weeks to focus on them more (which is fine), and wait just as long and usually longer for balance patches (which is not fine).
I know right now is Championships, but patches/bug-fix patches need to be released every 2 weeks.

Right now these bug-fix/balance patches are really small, and stay in PBE forever for how small of balances they are. We used to have huge lists of balance changes all the time, much closer together, and if an error was made there'd probably be a hitfix going out ASAP.

I don't feel I've been as involved with League lately due to this fact, and the game feels pretty stale with a variety of champs, where-as even last summer with a smaller amount of champions it was more exciting, things changed more often. The game still felt growing.

Don't get me wrong we've seen some really cool changes. More Masteries, More Rune Pages, More Champions, a clearer jungle.

Is it due to the fact that the seasons are going to be 1 year each now? So now a lot of time is into planning for that? That more detailed skins are coming out? That you're now working on visual updates to keep up with the times?

Sorry for the length, but...

DarkestMagi

10-08-2012

Nidalee. Even her splash is...eh.

DemiluniS

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
but where's the fun in telling them early? isn't it much more fun to speculate? i'd like to think so, especially since they won't have to wait very long for the next one…
by "the next one" I hope you mean after Twisted Fate

Raburi

10-08-2012

Annie, for sure.

Brutal4thenexus

10-08-2012

Sion. Sion and Sion.

Nizahma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unethicall View Post
Since Soraka just got hers and Twisted Fate is getting the next new visual upgrade, who do you guys think Riot should visually upgrade next?

My pick: Nidalee
Heimerdinger, along with a skill overhaul.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-08-2012
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
Is it due to the fact that the seasons are going to be 1 year each now? So now a lot of time is into planning for that? That more detailed skins are coming out? That you're now working on visual updates to keep up with the times?
the thing to note about all of those is that each piece comes from a different team. we have a live design team, a skins team, a champion team, and a team dedicated to visual updates. one team altering their release cadence doesn't have much of an effect on the others (with a few exceptions).

that said, you're right to notice that things right now are a little off with some teams since we're wrapping up a season while simultaneously prepping for the next (a bigger initiative in general). we still intend to have something awesome for you guys on a frequent and regular basis, and we agree that our maintenance items need to be the forerunners when it comes to setting the pace.