Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

semifinal-matches-postponed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3rdStorm

10-06-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/semifinal-matches-postponed

Sad state of affairs. But I think its out of Riots hands. Something unforeseen happened, and while disappointed, rather then be negative about it I'd like to keep positive. I dont wanna say the technical difficulties wipe away all the positives: Exciting games, HQ stream, high level production. Its really just sad.

Alot of people have made comments that this sort of thing doesnt happen in other sports but thats not true. The NHL season is currently post poned due to strike. the NFL didnt have its refs at the start of the season and a few games results were considered blow. Last year part of MLBs world series was delayed due to rain. There is countless examples really.

So before anyone gets to irate try to keep things in perspective. this is the last thing riot wanted to happen and if they could they would have avoided it.

kenk0wned

10-06-2012

Yeah I wanna throw out, if any riot people read this I know how much this must hurt you guys. You have put insane efforts to make this Esports thing happen and created what might be the greatest event ever. So good work and keep it up for the games remaining.

I support you guys, don't feel too bad after today.

Neon Freedom

10-06-2012

The League of Legends tournament scene is still fairly new on this type of scale so things are bound to happen but a complete delay of game happens even in professional sports. I give a lot of credit to Riot for making it the way it is thus far in a mostly uncharted territory in Esports of this size. When this much money is at stake every detail matters and it's hard to say at this point that anyone else could've done better than Riot.