Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Lore That You Deserve

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepyj101

11-03-2012

Quote:
Grand Viper:
So with Zed's lore.

Yay or nay?

Rather cheesy, not very logical, and could cause problems with others lore. Not horrendous but seems shallow when compared to like Swain. May be a bit unfair considering Swain had more resources.

I give it a "we'll see"

Grand Viper

11-15-2012

So here's an article with Kitae talking about the lore:

http://kotaku.com/5960965/whats-wrong-with-league-of-legends/

Here is a quote from it:

However, when it comes to fictional characters, Norman declared that what you don't want to do is say "he's so cool once you get to know him." That begs a time commitment, she explained. "What you want is have a simple in-game metaphor for what appeals to you about the character."

Quick question...just to people in general, and I'm going to make a thread about it...but when you read about someone, and play a video game, do you want to know more about them? When you read a book, do you want to know more about the characters?

This is ridiculous stream lining on such a scale that it is frankly insulting to our intelligence. This certainly explains Karthus' new lore and the fact that no red had ever told us about the Shadow Isles AMA directly via the Lore Forums or an announcement and just went "WEE!". What's that? No in game announcement, just a post announcement saying "Summary of Shadow Isles AMA"?

You know what this means? This means characters like Riven and Irelia are going to be touched, and you know what? I hope they do. I hope the fan favorites are touched so people will go "Wait wait wait, what is this nonsense?"

That guy who wrote about Singed? 100% right.

Cerubois

11-15-2012

Quote:
Grand Viper:
That guy who wrote about Singed? 100% right.

I agree with you GV, but I can't say that guy was 100% right.

He was saying Singed wasn't evil, just unethical. I'd spell it out again, but I'll just point you to my response there instead (in case you haven't read it).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31309673

Akesgeroth

11-16-2012

I'm reading this thread because my name showed up. You do realize that I was referring to Soraka's lore, right? Soraka's old lore never made much sense.

I do agree that Warwick's new lore is underwhelming. He went from Singed's ex-teacher to some guy who kills people and tried to turn himself into a werewolf but messed up. But still not that bad. I prefer it to the way Jayce's lore was first written, as an example.

UnbearableBears

04-15-2013

I'm going to necro this thread. Looks like Riot is going against what they origanlly said about not retcon-ing lore

Script Lord

04-15-2013

Quote:
UnbearableBears:
I'm going to necro this thread. Looks like Riot is going against what they origanlly said about not retcon-ing lore

Let the flames begin anew?