How do I speed up League of Legends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Critikill81

09-26-2010

Ok, my computer runs the game pretty well, with about 20-30 FPS with the graphics at lowest. I'm wondering, is there any way to speed up my game with out having to pay? Any programs or anything?

Aircross

09-26-2010

Game Booster
CCleaner

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2010

Can you tell us a little about your computer?

A fairly accepted application for improving gaming performance is Game Booster. I think Game Booster 2 is in beta right now or something.

Also, sometimes the LoL client can hog resources. Try setting the client's process to low in the task manager.

Make sure you don't have any extra programs running in the background, like Firefox with 10 tabs open, or Photoshop.

Aircross

09-26-2010

Also let us know what your anti-virus software is. If it's constantly scanning the League of Legends folder it can take up system resources.

Critikill81

09-26-2010

Here are my computer specs (Straight from Speccy):
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Windsor 90nm Technology
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 244MHz (4-4-4-12)
ASUSTek Computer INC. NODUSM (Socket AM2 )
Compaq MV540 @ 1024x768
64MB GeForce 6150 LE (HP)
244GB Seagate ST325082 4AS SCSI Disk Device (IDE)
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552L

I use Avast! Antivirus, usually Firefox, with Playlist and League of Legends forums up, and the Curse Client.

Aircross

09-26-2010

Try putting League of Legends into Avast's exception list.

IamGrimm

09-26-2010

Don't forget to update any drivers that might be outdated.

A Giraffe

09-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critikill81 View Post
Here are my computer specs (Straight from Speccy):
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Windsor 90nm Technology
2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 244MHz (4-4-4-12)
ASUSTek Computer INC. NODUSM (Socket AM2 )
Compaq MV540 @ 1024x768
64MB GeForce 6150 LE (HP)
244GB Seagate ST325082 4AS SCSI Disk Device (IDE)
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552L

I use Avast! Antivirus, usually Firefox, with Playlist and League of Legends forums up, and the Curse Client.
Don't think youre going to get any faster with a 64mb graphics card

Kinzer

11-12-2010

I run LoL at the highest settings at like 1920x1080, and I get better FPS, and you have a better comp than I do. Not by much, but better, except 1 thing. The graphics card. A Giraffe nailed it, it's your vid card. While the other comments are true, CCleaner, Game Booster, or I would like to mention Advanced System Care(same people that make Game Booster, Iobit.) will help, the vid card is holding you back really.

Check out Newegg, I got an HD Radeon with at least 512MB of Ram for like $49 + $5 shipping. May be cheaper now. It's a good price and a good card, shop around for others if money is tigher or check out Craigslist.org, might get one like it for $25, but then it's used. Your call on that.

TL;DR Your comp is nice except the vid card, replace that via newegg.com or craigslist.org for $50 or less.

SuperHot13

02-01-2014

Im really not understanding what is going on. I started the download pretty early and its been hours. I uninstalled pongo and turned peer download off. Why is it still acting so slow