WE vs CLG.eu - Poor Sportsmanship?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrinceSkyQ

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1MRC View Post
I think it is pretty clear for everyone watching that CLG had that game in the bag, like there was probably literally 2 minutes left in the game. I totally agree that it would have been the sportingly thing to do for WE to ff. As to the previous game being restarted, yes WE did have a small lead, but the game was far from over. in that case the choice of WE to restart or play anew game was very fair since that game had not gone any where really. The fact that they wanted a new game kind of shows that they didn't like how their pick went all that well, if things were going really great for them they would have wanted it to go the same, like CLG did.

Riot is to blame, but its a hard position for them to be in to force a ff when CLG had not technically won the game yet...if any thing the whole set of three should go on over again since the whole thing was so fraught with problems. but fact that WE didn't say, "you know what? we lost that match, GG CLG, see you next year" casts a bit of a shadow on their characters if you ask me.
small lead..the word u use show me how little u no about this game...at second game clg has cass maokai,and ren...their ez(which is also early game adc) has no gold compare to w.e's adc.
and look w.e got there, ryze,olaf,bliz, corki....man u really think clg could make a come back with that com????

PrinceSkyQ

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf495 View Post
There is a difference between winning early game (clg eu usually loses early game) and being literally 15 seconds from an assured victory.
learn more about this game and then talk plz...in second game, clg loss early game when they have early game champions..tell me how could they make a come with that??
second w.e still have chance in 4th game, in fact clg got the mid game com, but wuht w.e get is late game com, if w.e adc could perfectly dodge clg's ulties, clg wont have much dmg to burst w.e done

My name is Po

10-10-2012

Whoever started this thread is dumb.

Dilwoah

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabt View Post
After watching until the final team fight, I cannot help but view this tournament game as an extreme case of poor sportsmanship.

CLG.eu had 2 tower base advantage, nearly 9k gold lead and the baron buff going into the WE base to take their top 2 inhibitors when a team fight engages and the game crashes.

Is this display of sportsmanship is what we are to expect from a World Championship? Does anyone believe that WE would win that game and should be deserving of a another chance?

For a game that tries to promote good sportsmanship, shouldn't we expect it from the teams in the World Championship?

CLG.eu shouldn't be playing - it's a farce and a display of disrespect to them, the paying customers, and the fans that support League of Legends.
CLG Eu after being completely stomped when the first crash happened in game 2, was allowed a full restart including new champion picks and bans. If that's not unsportsmanlike, I dunno what you think is.

Rhosko

10-11-2012

WE had a clearly advantage on the second game, I actually think they would have won it if the game didn't crash. That's why I think it was OK to remake the third (4th) match despite the advantage CLG had.

Still, I wanted to see that 55min teamfight..

Overkill4000

10-12-2012

CLG.EU went into the AZF match at a disadvantage. Clearly they spent all their time between Sat and Wednesday preparing specifically for WE and therefore had no time to brainstorm over AZF. Furthermore AZF had every opportunity to see all of CLG.EU's strats in all those games.

The fact that CLG.EU surprised AZF in the first game but were stomped badly in game 2 and 3 is proof that if CLG.EU had say, 2 or 3 days break between WE and AZF, they may have come up with other strats against AZF besides the poke comp.