WE vs CLG.eu - Poor Sportsmanship?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IANvv3

10-06-2012

WE had the stronger late game comp, if they got the other team picked off in any way they could have won. Along with this in the last fight ezreal, or yellowpete was half health while no one else had died, so who knows where it could have gone. Although dissapointing that Riot had a malfunction in equipment, We have seen teams with Clg.eu's strat and WE's strat turn the games around. CLG.EU has won games where they were down 10-15k and just turned it around with one team fight, we cannot make the assumption that WE would not have been able to do the same.

N1MRC

10-07-2012

I think it is pretty clear for everyone watching that CLG had that game in the bag, like there was probably literally 2 minutes left in the game. I totally agree that it would have been the sportingly thing to do for WE to ff. As to the previous game being restarted, yes WE did have a small lead, but the game was far from over. in that case the choice of WE to restart or play anew game was very fair since that game had not gone any where really. The fact that they wanted a new game kind of shows that they didn't like how their pick went all that well, if things were going really great for them they would have wanted it to go the same, like CLG did.

Riot is to blame, but its a hard position for them to be in to force a ff when CLG had not technically won the game yet...if any thing the whole set of three should go on over again since the whole thing was so fraught with problems. but fact that WE didn't say, "you know what? we lost that match, GG CLG, see you next year" casts a bit of a shadow on their characters if you ask me.

Taotoise

10-07-2012

As professional players and country representatives, WE have the responsibility to not give up till the very end. Yes, it will be very impressive and honorable show of character if WE admit defeat, but from a professional point of view they will lose their stand point as country representative. Its not just about the prize money or lacking sportmanship, there's alot of factors which WE needs to consider.

Medicinara

10-07-2012

It's all very easy for us bistanders to say WE should have FF. But we are not professional athletes, have you for instance ever seen a boxer forfeit a match? or a wrestler? or a race car driver? because they where so far behind it would be near impossible to win? I shure haven't.

RIOT is to blame for this debacle and no one else. they have created the game, they booked the venu and had the internetconnection set up.If LoL had a tournament (LAN) version like many organizers have asked for then this would not be an issue. Now RIOT is the one being bitten in the ass by their own decicisions.The is some form of justice in this if you ask me.

MorganTheFallen

10-07-2012

You are joking right? Did you even see that last teamfight? 3 WE champions were practically dead and only ezreal from CLG was on half hp. That teamfight was so obviously going in CLG.EU's favour, even if the only 2 survivors would back off from the fight and save themselves, it would still be a 2v5 (and one of the 2 even was janna who already used her ultimate). Game over, gg wp. Clg would easily be able to push through those inhib + nexus turrets + nexus.

Ofcourse WE would not forfeit, it's a big prize AND they are not mentally retarded. But riot should've just use their brains and decide it was a win for CLG.EU. God, I guess alot of people (including myself) would get so mad if WE wins the next match. I bet WE would not even feel proud of themselves if they would win it, 'cuz they shouldn't.

ps. that 2nd match with the first dc was far from over compared to this one.

Sabt

Recruiter

10-07-2012

Just to clarify - I'm mixed european - asian, who lives in north america, currently visiting Europe and only caught the 3rd game from about the 7th minute onwards. I think this qualifies me as being somewhat neutral and not knowing the history of the prior results or the prior interruptions, it was simply my impression of game 3 that lead me to post my opinion.

That said, there's a lot of good views and information from both sides of each team and that also of Riot as a game host.

As a prior high-level athlete (world's) and semi-pro gamer (PGL #2), I stand by my perspective that CLG.eu had essentially won the game I viewed and that WE would have shown outstanding character by admitting that the game was such.

Zavrodis

10-07-2012

please show outstanding character by giving WE some cheer from the seats, LA ppl

no?

ok, why need that outstanding character from them when no one there actually show them?

stop these nonsense, CLGeu sucks, they are very very good team, but they just make my point on them worse and worse, they have morale boost, they have fans support, opponent were nearly crying after the remade game lost, and they still drag a stupid game into 60 minutes, it is torture, and it is an esport crime. THEY CANT WIN THAT 3RD GAME IN 40 MINUTES? ARE YOU JOKING ME?

magna200

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavrodis View Post
please show outstanding character by giving WE some cheer from the seats, LA ppl

no?

ok, why need that outstanding character from them when no one there actually show them?

stop these nonsense, CLGeu sucks, they are very very good team, but they just make my point on them worse and worse, they have morale boost, they have fans support, opponent were nearly crying after the remade game lost, and they still drag a stupid game into 60 minutes, it is torture, and it is an esport crime. THEY CANT WIN THAT 3RD GAME IN 40 MINUTES? ARE YOU JOKING ME?
I've read your reply twice and i still have no idea what you're talking about.

UNLV Wolf

10-08-2012

There is a difference between winning early game (clg eu usually loses early game) and being literally 15 seconds from an assured victory.

LSgraal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2012

only have 1 thing to say, as long the nexus doesnt fall, the game is NOT over no matter how close to victory one team is, nexus was still up.

Rules are rules, deal with it.