LAN Servers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Why exactly aren't offline LAN servers being used for LAN events? Would avoid problems like this and games can still be streamed online by the spectators even if they are being played offline so it seems kind of counter productive that Riot wouldn't use LAN servers for such a big tourney.

Happy Killspree

10-06-2012

very true i dont get it either... seems very silly.

Ryceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

They don't even have to be LAN servers. Having game state saves every minute or so is standard for every tourney like this,HoN does it, dota 2 does it, old games like warcraft even did that. I find it very off putting that Riot supposedly cares so much about the future of esports and built this up as an event we are suppose to give a damn about and yet didn't do some of the simplest things. (I use the term simplest lightly because I understand it is not actually a simple task.

Vrouge

10-08-2012

Face it... Riot were unprepared. They had ample time but didn't heed the advice of a lot of people. They can be quite stubborn at times.