Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rengar Blowing it Up.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neohlithical

10-06-2012

(This is more of a personal rant than anything else, so you can skip it if you like)

I think it's about time you nerfed Rengar. It's getting really, really, really, REALLY old playing against him every game with the same outcome. You guys have really got to test your champions out after fixing their bugs. Every time you release a new champion, it comes out, everyone buys it because it's OP. You fix bugs after the release, then it either nerfs them and makes them useless or buffs them way beyond powerlevel 9000.

Understand that the numbers you come out with ideally aren't working out. If you choose to fix bugs after the release of a champion and continue to release the same way you are now, you're going to continue to have to release mid-month changes to fix those issues. Why not nip it in the bud, and before releasing the champion, give it more testing and debugging? You could save a ton of time, and stress for yourselves, and for summoners out there getting constant matchups against the new champion not because he's new, but because he's so strong at early release.

Some people, (not myself) might consider that a marketing ploy. Just sayin'. Maybe that's true, maybe not, but I never make posts on these forums unless there's an obvious change or bug that needs to be addressed, so I tend to be a bit more personal about things. I'm not mad, it's just been too long already seeing everyone spam-click Rengar, quit games because there's a Rengar, leave games because they didn't get Rengar.

killa pizza

10-06-2012

He isnt way overpowered I mean all you really have to do if you are laning against him is to set out wards and shut him down early game then he falls off so hard that he cant bring himself back up

DarksideEric

10-06-2012

Syndra was OP?
Lulu was OP?
Sejuani was OP?

DarksideEric

10-06-2012

Odd double post o.O

quitlolnowplz

10-06-2012

prior to the nerf on his buff, there was glitchiness in his unseen predator, where his next 5 or so attacks would be unseen predator, but now i dont see rengar too strong at all.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-06-2012

I like rengar how he is now. I don't play rengar and have no intention of ever purchasing him. He's not a big deal, even when fed. Its just that to fully utilize him you have to play smart like a higherlevel player or at least try. Otherwise you just end up falling behind during failganks and long periods free of any kills. Rengar doesn't do much that best practice gameplay can't deal with. His burst only kills you if you're being bad and pretending he can't hit you. Even when I play ahri, ill rush some dorans rings and a giants belt for rylais. On mages ryalais just kinda lolz at rengar. Watch him in spectator mode if you ever see him. You'll notice his successes are typically against those who don't acknowledge his impact on the game, like staying out with low hp while karthus is in play

Neohlithical

10-06-2012

Quote:
DarksideEric:
Syndra was OP?
Lulu was OP?
Sejuani was OP?

Thanks for pointing that out. That's my point exactly. As I explained in my post, either they're extremely OP, or extremely UP. I'm just recommending that more testing go through before making a final release of a champion. I don't see how that's so difficult.

There's a reason why everyone is playing him all the time, and it isn't just because it's a summoner's favorite champion.

DarksideEric

10-06-2012

Quote:
Neohlithical:
Thanks for pointing that out. That's my point exactly. As I explained in my post, either they're extremely OP, or extremely UP. I'm just recommending that more testing go through before making a final release of a champion. I don't see how that's so difficult.

There's a reason why everyone is playing him all the time, and it isn't just because it's a summoner's favorite champion.

I'm glad you caught the meaning of that.

Part of the reason that champs are seemingly OP or UP is that balance testing, outside of development, can take months with games like these, especially with more and more champions being released.

I mean... how long was it for things like the Global Ults to change, or supports to be nerfed, etc, etc.

Fallengabe

10-06-2012

Personally I like playing as rengar he has some fun mechanics but when I pick him I have never done the instalock in bs I ussually see what the team needs. As far as everyone picking rengar i think a part of it is cause of the event where if a rengar kills a kha'zix and he has bone tooth its a instant 14 stacks that never go away so its basicly easy mode. and I do agree that there should be more testing for bugs and what not cause the last few champs I've been honestly unimpressed how riot has handled them.

Ouroborous HD

Recruiter

10-06-2012

clearly none of you have seen rengar in treeline. he gets one kill there because of a stupid team mate and you just lost the match right then and there