honor system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skilltestingman

10-04-2012

I havent gotten a single player that was respectful or nice, on my team anyhow.

I don't understand how this honor system immensly helps. People will be nice for a short time because they think that honor will eventually get them awards, but if they're ****heads they will always be **** heads.

t0ad5

10-04-2012

It is just flavor, currently at least, maybe always.

I guess they hope people will be more friendly, work better as a team... be an honorable opponent, educational... for fake internet points that don't do anything.

*shrug*

I hope it works.

Gl out there.

Anna Sachae

10-04-2012

My guess is that, after the initial craze dies down, Riot will start to reward players for higher honor. If you're naturally a ******, you won't be able to keep up the act of being a nice player forever, so the actually, really nice people will get the rewards.

And yes, genuinely nice players do exist. :P

LogicalTautology

10-04-2012

I heard a rumour somewhere that the eventual plan is for players with high Honour scores to be more likely to be matched on a team with other Honourable players.

Skilltestingman

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
I heard a rumour somewhere that the eventual plan is for players with high Honour scores to be more likely to be matched on a team with other Honourable players.
That wouldn't make sense at all

Malkontent69

10-05-2012

I don't think the honor system is supposed to change the negative players. We already have the tribunal for that. What it's supposed to do is to give some recognition and possibly small rewards to the players who are *already* courteous and helpful, so that they are less likely to get discouraged. In that sense, it's less of an incentive for players to reform, and more of a way to give praise to players who are naturally good people.

Etripstenshi

10-05-2012

I disagree, I think players have been notably more agreeable and people are willing to hand out compliments more, maybe just to get the button press, but its causing good behavior, psychologically it makes sense too, people are now looking for ways to prop people rather then just screw them.

Skilltestingman

10-05-2012

Well I still havent gotten a single descent person online.

I'm already done with ranked, so now its spreading to normal? Really?

Dorsia

10-06-2012

If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change

SilverChampz

10-06-2012

i think of course riot will give some rewards for those with high honor.. but.. now i think yeah it is quiet dumb that now everybody try to be nice and ask for an honor.. but at some points.. most ****** with bad attitude will be frustrated and they'll be back into ****** with bad attitude.. even worse attitude.. but yeah some nice guy that deserve honor indeed exist..