[Suggestion] Imrove Matchmaking System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HNK97

10-06-2012

Hello everyone. I am a new player for LoL, having only played for about 2 weeks now.
I've quickly noticed a rather annoying problem in the matchmaking system for the game and I'm sure many others must be bothered by this aswell.

Once you have found a game to join and then Accept it, it is very annoying when just because of one person declining the game every is sent back to the search for a game. It is a waste of time for everyone and doesnt make any sense. Instead of everyone being sent back to the search, that person should be allowed to decline and someone else should be allowing to join in his place. another good suggestion would be to increase the time for the timer after you join a game so there is time for the other person to make a choice.

I hope Riot Games listens to this suggestion, thank you !

naotasan

10-06-2012

>2 weeks

You have to play a bit longer (and reach level 30) for the match making system to "fix" itself. Give it time.

Leosoul

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
>2 weeks

You have to play a bit longer (and reach level 30) for the match making system to "fix" itself. Give it time.
There's nothing to 'fix'. They're saying that they'd rather that the person who declined has another random person stuffed in their place instead of having to go back to square one and search through all the queue to find another, perhaps completely different, group of people.

Unfortunately, that won't work because of how the queue matches people to make the teams, since you'd need to have someone with the same w/l or elo or whatever unranked is matched on these days. As such, if someone declines, you have to search through everyone again to try and come up with a balanced matchup.

HNK97

10-09-2012

Actually what Leosoul said was what I was talking about. It just sounds too bad then that it's like this.
I'll still maintain my suggestion to Riot though to perhaps think up of a better matchmaking system due to the sheer number of decliners. On the contrary they could also save time by say, punishing people who decline alot or something. like maybe 10 declines would cause a warning email and maybe more could be a short ban. I know it sounds harsh but the problem is very irritating