Metagame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Person321

10-06-2012

I would like to ballpark ideas/ encourage new metagames as opposed to the 1t, 1m, 1j, 2b. I love the game, but people's close mindedness is frustrating. Anytime someone tries something new, they are ridiculed. What are some metas that would work?

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Have you ever played Morgana mid? The concept relies on using her W to score minion kills from afar. Basically, starting around level 5 she can wipe out 4~5 minions with one spell. And then since it's mid lane, your tower kills the enemy wave, and the lane resets. This way, even though you're pushing, you never push up.

The concept is even easier to achieve if you take two champions mid. For instance, Soraka and Galio. Starting at about level 3, you can instantly wipe out entire minion waves even more effectively, literally getting 100 CS by 10 minutes without any effort at all. All that's needed is an AD that can handle a 1v2 lane on bottom. Caitlyn does this quite well, since she has traps to replace wards, an escape ability, and long range to last hit with. Even though she's alone, she will be leveling quicker which will help in the long run. More levels = more AD.

Since there's 2 characters mid, it's still easy to take dragon after a kill elsewhere on the map. Furthermore, Soraka can cover mid while Galio goes to roam, or else roam the map herself to drop a heal/ward here and there. In fact, mid is the ideal spot for a support, since it allows them the easiest access to ward the rest of the map.

TeknoWizard

10-06-2012

To Mynt, that means less XP for the AP champ. They get a solo lane to make sure they get the most XP, because they scale so hard with levels.

Though I have to say, I'm a fan of the double brusier bot lane. Leona-Jarvan too strong.

Person321

10-06-2012

Something different from ad-support bot is fun. I like a stealthy champ w/ the ad bot. They set up their own ganks very well as long as the adc is willing to give up just a handful of CS.

Person321

10-06-2012

I was thinking double-jungle 1,1,1 in lanes would be interesting, based on the duo jungling. For isntance, amumu/blitz jungle could wreck w/ so much stun/pull. The 2 would lose out on a lot of xp, but if the ganks would be as successful as I think they would, money should even out, and the laners would be very far ahead.

TeknoWizard

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person321 View Post
I was thinking double-jungle 1,1,1 in lanes would be interesting, based on the duo jungling. For isntance, amumu/blitz jungle could wreck w/ so much stun/pull. The 2 would lose out on a lot of xp, but if the ganks would be as successful as I think they would, money should even out, and the laners would be very far ahead.
I'd probably go to 2-1-2 to try and counter act this, with a lot of teleports. Pressure the unholy hell out of one lane, get ganked, then TP to the other side of the map, and quickly take the tower because its suddenly 4v1 in that lane.