Steady 60 fps instead of 100+

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElevenLives

10-06-2012

Hey Everyone,

When I first started playing League like a year or 2 ago I used to get 100+ fps. Now I always get 60, it strays maybe 1 or 2 in either direction but it is almost always 60. I have everything in my video options set to Very High, and my Frame Rate set to high. Anyone have any idea what this could be caused by, and if so how can I fix it?

Thanks

LeagueøƒLegends

10-06-2012

Grab CCleaner and do a fast cleanup and registry clean on your PC. With this program it should take about 3-10 minutes.

Apart from that, have you moved, switched internet pc's or anything else?

Deraviin

10-06-2012

This has a lot to do with your computer and/or connection. Your computer may be being bogged down by spybots and its own temp memory. As mentioned above try CCleaner and I would also suggest spybot search and destroy to clean up your computer. Both are free and widely used programs you can trust, although I would suggest not using S&D's tea timer because it will only slow down your computer, its meant more for servers or public IP computers. Keep in mind that your connection may also just be slowing down. Someone else in your neighborhood, or even your houshold, may be sucking up some of your bandwidth, which in turn shrinks your FPS. Consider if anyone in your household has recently gotten involved in connection intensive activities, such as live streams or live download sites. You may also have someone leeching off your internet which can be easily fixed by creating a new secure password for your connection.

blade arms

10-06-2012

thats a pretty high fps anyways ^.^

Solaris17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2012

change your fps to benchmark instead of high.

Porro

10-07-2012

I love how people give advice on latency issues when the OP is suffering from what is possibly a memory leak (Or a lack/deficiency of hardware).

OP, I think they coding has a couple strings of lose coding, which is creating a memory leak or loop, therefore putting a drain on resources for no reason. AoC has this for awhile, and used to use insane amount of resources until they game crashed due to it.

What are your system specs?

GOW THE 2ND

07-03-2014

go to video and disable VFX and that should double it.

JayTrufflez

07-03-2014

Do you happen to have v-sync on? If so, that would probably be the issue that's causing you to stay at 60 FPS.