Executioners Calling... Bad, Worse, and Almost Useless?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagely Wolf

10-06-2012

It may be cheap but as one of the Lifesteal items It really has no umph compared to all of the others. The only uses I've seen for it were using the active on mundo/singed/warwick/xin zao/etc or using the itty bitty dot to prevent malphite or garen passives while laning, once laning phase ends it loses that usefulness against a couple of champions and still only has use against a specific group of enemies with large regeneration and lifesteal capacity. I would like to see something done with it similar to what was done with Hex Drinker, Maybe apply the debuff as on-hit rather than an active because alot of champs already have something close to that. Increasing the DoT or giving it like 20% Lifesteal and 20% crit and 35 dmg, who knows? Point is, its near useless in the average game and barely makes it as an item to counter specific champions, I would like to see it improved, anyone else?

Duke Br0heimer

10-06-2012

Most underrated item in the game.

murlocmancer

10-06-2012

Improving this item would not be the way to go, just giving it another uprgrade would be the approite path for the items. This is the same with tenacity items besides merc, they are good on paper but aren't useful late game.

iTams

10-06-2012

If they make it build into something else, it will be used a ton and probably deemed OP.

It's just like the Stinger, great item, but builds only into a nashor's tooth in which sucks.

Sagely Wolf

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlocmancer View Post
Improving this item would not be the way to go, just giving it another uprgrade would be the approite path for the items. This is the same with tenacity items besides merc, they are good on paper but aren't useful late game.
That's kinda what I was talking about, "like Hex Driker" an additional tier for the item to bring it into late game.

TheOneMillion

10-06-2012

A carry can grab ExCall after IE, PD, LW for pretty cheap and lots of damage because of how good crit % is when you have alot of it already. Grabbing excall instead of bloodthirster later on can sometimes be the way to go for quick lifesteal / damage.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

It has its niche uses and it's priced accordingly. It's good .

Duke Br0heimer

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagely Wolf View Post
That's kinda what I was talking about, "like Hex Driker" an additional tier for the item to bring it into late game.
People still buy Hexdrinker for its early/mid game usefulness and upgrade it only when their build is complete.

INeedzAName

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

I've seen it get used in Dominion quite frequently, not so much in the SR areas though. Its relatively cheap, gives a good amount of lifesteal and crit, and is a good filler item If you need the lifesteal, and want an alternative to BT due to your inability to keep stacks up on it.

Its also, as I said, fairly decent in Dominion. Being able to pop it while chasing someone who grabs a health powerup, is situational but still helpful. Then there is always the use of it for Mundo/Sion and all the other strong regen/Lifesteal champs too if your team is lacking ignites.