Get Rid Of Idle/AFK Ban!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoolCalza

08-21-2011

I love league of legends but i am just fed up with it's idle ban BS!
i left for about 5 minutes ealier today and i came back and i was banned...
5 FRICKEN MINUTES!
not only was i away for a very short duration, I GOT BANNED FOR 3 DAYS!
it is now the 21st and i can play on the 24th, but you know what, im not gonnah because i enjoy league of legends, but i don't want to play and get banned if i have to go for dinner or i HAVE to leave or my mum turns of my computer cause i wont get of, this is bull, there should at LEAST be a way you can get rid of the ban through sending a ticket or something with a reason of why you had to leave then ACTUAL PEOPLE look at it then if it's a good enough reason, they get rid of the ban... WHY SHOULD PEOPLE NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN IF THEY HAVE TO GO FOR DINNER OR SOMRTHING, THIS IS ABSOLUTE BULL!

TheRazoth

08-21-2011

5 minutes can be 25% of a game (especially if you spend it AFK). 5 minutes can also mean several towers down and easy 3v1 ganks.

If you have to go for dinner, don't start the game in the first place. If your mum turns your computer off, don't start games when she may.

Leaverbuster is there to insure that if you cannot manage your priorities well, it will manage them for you.

DontTouchMyHoHos

08-21-2011

Bam!

ValkyrieEir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

Exactly what Razoth said, it's not Riot's fault you chose to play games when you had to do afk activities during it.

y2khippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

You will not get any sympathy here.

LeaverBuster was demanded by the community for the community. It was actually suggested early on in the Beta stages by a player comming from other similar type games. Prior to the implication to LeaverBuster nine in ten games played would have atleast one person leave/AFK or rage quit. This would ruin the game for everyone involved in these matches as everything thing one does in a match affects everyone else. If you leave your lane for dinner, your lane mate will then be easilly ganked 2v1, giving the enemy easy gold and experiance not just from the champ kill but from the free creep farm and maybe tower. While that person is waiting to respawn and get back into lane they are not then able to gain experiance an gold and thus falls away even more. Back in lane their oppisition have now got better items and skills to then gank them even easier. Can you see a pattern forming? While you are having your dinner your team is getting smashed. When you get back you have very little gold and experiance now and will be an easy target for the rest of the game. And this is just from a 5 min snack break.

If you dont have the 1 hour set aside to play a game DO NOT PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

The system is actually increadibly great at allowing for the rare game crash or etc while still targeting habitual leavers and AFK'ers. If you are just back from a suspension, LeaverBuster is still keeping an eye on your acount and sorry but this is happens to people that ruin games for others..

AggressiveTurtle

08-21-2011

Thing is though... when I get internet connection problems and i disconnect I still get banned that's just BS

MrGrosser

Recruiter

08-21-2011

@OPTurtle
When you get internet issues, that is your issue.. not Riot's. Now if Riot's internet were to go down, have issues, I could see calling BS. But if your ISP isn't a stable provider, perhaps you should look at other options, or stick to Custom Games as you do not incur leaver penalties from those.

Thanks

See you on the battlefield summoner.

Perfection99

04-15-2014

Yeah... No he should get simpathy... The LeaverBuster system is incredibly idiotic, and prevents Riot from making more money than they could. Think about how many people must have quit league due to the LeaverBuster, think of all the money that is lost when a mass amount of people do that. And dont even say that "It's not about the money" because it is. I dont care what any company says, they are always in it for the money, obviously they arent going to say it because that would cause problems and perhaps sales might go down.

The LeaverBuster is way tooo strict. I started a game, I had to go eat dinner for about 10 minutes. I came back, from level 1, got to level 11, then continued to carry my team to victory, and got banned after. Mind you they had a fed tristana 14/2. Then today, I literally had to go for 30 seconds, NOT EVEN A MINUTE, and got banned, literally, 30 seconds because I had to pee. And we won the game too. The only thing I missed was first wave. Other than that I was there the whole game and got pretty fed.

RhythmSage

10 Hours Ago

Got banned today for spending 5 minutes to eat dinner. We lost... Still. AFK's shouldn't be considered like "O IM LEAVING" its fine to afk in bots. PVP that's a different story. Honestly.