Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scikan

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.

With all due respect Tiza, I understand they make eye contact for example after a big play yes...

but who the hell is too short that he needs to tilt his head upwards to "make eye contact" with a teammate or someone on the enemy team?
unless ofc they are looking at the map which it looks like and sincerely I don't see where he would be looking if not the map.... :
http://i.imgur.com/HNbhk.jpg

2nd game was harsh ofc but it was 15 minutes ish in and only 2 kills...
Game 3 was in the final teamfight , 2 or 3 members of WE were already chunked, pete was full HP , so tbh ( and without favoritism aside) CLGeu deserved the win...

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikan View Post
With all due respect Tiza, I understand they make eye contact for example after a big play yes...

but who the hell is too short that he needs to tilt his head upwards to "make eye contact" with a teammate or someone on the enemy team?
unless ofc they are looking at the map which it looks like and sincerely I don't see where he would be looking if not the map.... :
http://i.imgur.com/HNbhk.jpg

2nd game was harsh ofc but it was 15 minutes ish in and only 2 kills...
Game 3 was in the final teamfight , 2 or 3 members of WE were already chunked, pete was full HP , so tbh ( and without favoritism aside) CLGeu deserved the win...
This thread is not about where CLG or WE deserved a win pleases don't try to make it so, it's about a person cheating.

GoddessIsabel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextacy View Post
I don't know whether to feel bad or not for obviously getting you this worked up.
It's a joke picture for fun, but if you want to be specific the fact that there are no booths for the biggest LoL tournament and the huge instability makes me worried about Riots s3 plans to take complete control over the scene.

I'm bored. But you should state that it is a joke 'cuz you know, it's the internet. Tones r hard hard to be detected

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashreal View Post
I disagree. PR rarely speak in absolutes. If he says they CAN'T, and then someone posts some obscure angle that doesn't make logical sense but still shows it was possible to see the screen, then it is automatically assumed that cheating was rampant, and that Riot is covering it up etc.
Riot did try to cover up their response in this thread, but I genuinely believe they think, or hopefully, thought, they did a good job reffing when that riot post was first made, not that they are trying to cover up letting people cheat.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

RIooot FAAIL!!

Derosis

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.
So how about Azubu Frost?

5panks

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRFI View Post
I am not a Riot employee, but a volunteer. I am saying it's a lie because I watched all matches on stream and I saw what's happening. Besides that, there are a lot of "proofs" across the internet. Consider it as my own opinion.
Except looking at the screen, they could also hear the shout-casters/commentators, and I noticed at least two situations where a team pinged position of an enemy in area totally out of vision, just right after it was said he's there.

I am not really into disqualification any of the teams, but rather pointing out issues that have to be fixed, so the matches are as fair as the should be. I understand 0 delay is important to show some emotions (etc), but players should be more isolated in my opinion, so they can't either see the screen and hear shoutcasters.
If you take a look at the Azubu Frost picture that is posted on Reddit right now it is A LOT more blatant than the WE. It is very obvious that the Frost player's head is turned and at the same time a ping goes down in TSM's upper jungle where Frost has no ward coverage which just so happens to be pinging the 4 man gank headed up mid that Jayce Qs.

Derosis

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5panks View Post
If you take a look at the Azubu Frost picture that is posted on Reddit right now it is A LOT more blatant than the WE. It is very obvious that the Frost player's head is turned and at the same time a ping goes down in TSM's upper jungle where Frost has no ward coverage which just so happens to be pinging the 4 man gank headed up mid that Jayce Qs.
Posted it right above your post bro.

tempnameA461

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikan View Post
but who the hell is too short that he needs to tilt his head upwards to "make eye contact"
*looks around*
*raises hand*
Me?
Yay!

Umm... Is the answer Asians?

Indekkusutaku

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailsupport548 View Post
*looks around*
*raises hand*
Me?
Yay!

Umm... Is the answer Asians?
Please leave any Racism and/or Stereotyping out of this thread...