Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMainIngredien

Junior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.
Absolute garbage.... That's like having cams set up so you can spy on the other team's sideline in football. I am very disappointed riot!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yamantaka

Junior Member

10-07-2012

Yeah I can't screen shot it, you have to see the movement in the video.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinotad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-07-2012

Honestly, at this point I think the best thing Riot could do at this point, is say that they will:
1. Move the mini-maps so there will be dispute about this problem in the future, as the placement of the mini-maps are the key issue for all of this trouble.

2. Preferably state that they understand our concern about the integrity of the game, and state that they will review the personal cameras of each person for the entire tournament, and IF they detect any cheating, they take appropriate measures.

I my opinion IF they find that there has not been any cheating, they release the entire camera feeds to the audience, as after this topic, there are some people who will think that Riot are lying, though there would be no benefit for them to do so.

In this manner they would address the crux of the problem, the monitor placements of the mini-map, and show their audience their good faith. Secondly that even though the players had the opportunity to cheat, they had the integrity to not cheat. For those that did cheat, they would get what they deserve, the scorn of the players. For who would want to watch cheaters playing in the future, and what team would want that stigma against them? It will ruin them.

Sincerely,
Jinotad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeTheDuckRider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinotad View Post
Honestly, at this point I think the best thing Riot could do at this point, is say that they will:
1. Move the mini-maps so there will be dispute about this problem in the future, as the placement of the mini-maps are the key issue for all of this trouble.

2. Preferably state that they understand our concern about the integrity of the game, and state that they will review the personal cameras of each person for the entire tournament, and IF they detect any cheating, they take appropriate measures.

I my opinion IF they find that there has not been any cheating, they release the entire camera feeds to the audience, as after this topic, there are some people who will think that Riot are lying, though there would be no benefit for them to do so.

In this manner they would address the crux of the problem, the monitor placements of the mini-map, and show their audience their good faith. Secondly that even though the players had the opportunity to cheat, they had the integrity to not cheat. For those that did cheat, they would get what they deserve, the scorn of the players. For who would want to watch cheaters playing in the future, and what team would want that stigma against them? It will ruin them.

Sincerely,
Jinotad.
Well said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duke Br0heimer

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.
Well, at least now we know who's responsible for this fucking fiasco.

As a former CS 1.6 tournament player and long-time follower of the E-Sports scene in general, I can safely say that this is an embarassment for E-Sports as a whole.
If you should keep your job, I will cease to support the professional League scene in any way, shape or form.

And that's a promise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

neo4321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-07-2012

Here is my screenshot but like others have said you have to see it in the video but he is 100% motioning to look at the map. In my screenshot his head is already turned towards it.

http://i.imgur.com/6pT07.jpg


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indekkusutaku

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Well I know this is a personal testimony I will try to get the video proof, but I just got lucky and my video lagged right at 5:32:44 and played nearly frame-by-frame and I'm now pretty sure he looked, I am ripping part of the video now, and will try to get it to play frame-by-frame near 5:32:44. Until I have this video though if I were you guys I wouldn't consider this proof by any means.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

neo4321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indekkusutaku View Post
Until I have this video though if I were you guys I wouldn't consider this proof by any means.
I do, after re watching that scene about 5 times he is indefinitely looking in direction of that map.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.
Thanks for responding Tiza. Serious question here: Has Riot re-examined the recordings of player chatter during the matches to check for indications of minimap peeking? Standing and watching them is one measure, but it seems like the voice chat would be another important way of knowing whether players have any special knowledge of the other team.

Given how accessible those minimap screens were, I'd think that analyzing the communications would be necessary diligence on the part of the referees.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asgaard

Senior Member

10-07-2012

I hope Riot is thinking about this and planning their course of action. A reply tomorrow would be nice.