Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueEldur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Dear riot please fire riottiza..

incoming900elo

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.

http://i.imgur.com/CEKv2.jpg

Cattington III

10-06-2012

there biggest mistake for this and all lan events in not having a lan version of the server so they aren't reliant on the internets

chaser676

10-06-2012

I'm bumping this till the end of time

tempnameA461

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
ugh. I have to be up for work in 5 hours....
You don't have to.

Talums

10-06-2012

The only proof to this matter would be if someone takes a pic in the players perspective as to whether they can ABSOLUTELY see the mini map clearly. Because if you take into consideration the mini maps were not angled in such a way that the players can see it clearly just by tilting their heads slightly towards one side for example this pic:http://imgur.com/BKAWK this pic doesn't show that the mini-maps are tilted at an angle that the teams can visibly see within the so called 2 seconds they look at it. Also a normal person's range of view (regardless how far) can't truly see the details on that kind of mini-map clearly and be able to make decisions off of what they see in those 2 seconds or so.

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetobetoSan View Post
Ok Fanboys, Azubu is better than TSM, WE is not cheating, Its 4PM here im off to sleep. And all of you will just have to deal witht he fact that you want to get the Asian teams that pose threat to your favorite teams out of this tournament. Q.Q all day long!
On a personal note I was rooting for NaJin Sword, but alas they lost. But that's neither here nor there.

Archmage Vyllian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap.

Wait what.

So they did?

CupcakeRaptorr

10-06-2012

uhh every team can look at the minimap up there. Therfore its fair.

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmage Vyllian View Post

Wait what.

So they did?
I believe he misspoke.