Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelada View Post
we a re just asking to remove those screens with the minimap on it
Perhaps you are. I'm asking for them to remove the screens from view and disciplinary action be brought upon the cheater(s).

Skalarax

10-06-2012

Just to point the big screen behind them was about 10 to 15 feet behind them an right behind the seats was the white board they could not see it.. stop talking **** unless you were right there and could see the lay out of the seats an screens....

If you watch at about 8:43 as they zoom into the screen you will see how far back it actually is...
also he turns his head for like .50 of a second if he could get enough info from that then he is good. (if he could even see the screen)
on another note he is looking at the guy sitting next to him.

QuickstrikePr0

10-06-2012

Justice bump!

Disillusion

10-06-2012

There has to be a spectator delay, because the casters talk for minutes after the teams have made their picks before we get into game.

The info is outdated.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

The funny thing about this whole thread is that it blew up on the worst possible night of the year. All the Rioters probably went straight home and passed out for bed after such a stressful day, and all the pro teams are either out celebrating, or in their hotel room sad/asleep.

Indekkusutaku

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightxss View Post
Riot does have everything recorded btw.
* Even with the cameras on the monitors.

They kept showing clips from critical battles, showing the reaction of the "Asian players perspective" at random times during the tournament.

This mean the cameras are constantly recording their faces and where they are looking.
* Riot can review the footage and find out who cheated.
Yes, but discussing who is cheating based on data only Riot has access to is out of the scope of my ability to comment on, so I don't, I think they should go though and look for potential signs for the whole tournament, and like I said, I'd help for free if they needed it.

Nightxss

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunFlowerLan View Post
There are 5 screens.
One large screen, 2 medium screens for streaming 2 sides' players face, and 2 map screens.
The angle that WE watched can't see the map screen. Only CLG's faces.

And there are 3 mins delay.
Why I am saying this, cuz I was in LA live. In the 3rd row of left side.
I was watching players after they put their hands out of keyboards and hi 5 to each others, the game is still streaming.
3 MINS DELAY, PLZ DON'T BE STUPID.
When "frost" won yesterday, there was no delay between their win and the commentors reaction.
* Thus no delay.

My Giant Boner

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalarax View Post
Just to point the big screen behind them was about 10 to 15 feet behind them an right behind the seats was the white board they could not see it.. stop talking **** unless you were right there and could see the lay out of the seats an screens....
Chaox & Regi from TSM who were actually sitting there already pointed out this problem in the videos

Yes, they can see the mini map!! It's already proved by players.....

Tiny Tina

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
I'm not on a witch-hunt so I can freely admit that this may have been an opportunity peek (wasn't planning on it but it was there and it happened).

For example of something that is not esports: Sometimes cars get stolen when people leave them running in the driveway in the morning to get warm and only go in the house for a second to grab something. Was the person walking by planning on stealing a car? No. He was there and couldn't resist.
Ok so lets say he was distracted he looked to his left and than he saw a minimap and turned back to his screen straight away. And from then on not a single peek. So what now they need to be kicked from the tournament just because of accidental look at the map and a fail or Riot. (And this is only IF he actualy looked at the screen)

Feladorzor

10-06-2012

Pitchfork...

-----E

..where does it go?