Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nightxss

10-06-2012

Quote:
Frintezz:
wooooooow, thats interesting! So, those Asian teams are cheater?
I hope Taipei Assassins will not cheat like that :\

If your team does not cheat, what happens if the other team does?
* Would you risk playing fair for 2 million dollars?

Putzfrau

10-06-2012

Quote:
Indekkusutaku:
I am hesitant to make this connection because the two subjects are different in magnitude, killing is much worse than cheating, but it illustrates the point brilliantly so I will.

The argument you make is analog to someone trying to shoot someone but missing and claiming that missing made it OK.

Just because what you didn't obtain the desired result of your wrong action does not make it any less wrong.

no its not. the crowd cheered and WE looked up. everyone is assuming it was to look at the map.

my only point is, even if he had seen the map, accidentally or intentional there was no information to be gained, so what would the point have been?

in this situation, what probably happened was the crowd cheered, WE player glanced towards the clg eu side most likely out of reflex, then immediately returned his gaze to his computer. even if he saw the minimap in his half second glance he got zero information. there was zero reason to spy on the minimap right now.

GD is suggesting that WE is dq'd because of one still shot that shows a player glancing in one direction. If they were cheating why did they pick the most **** all useless time to do it? and then they never did it again? that glance to see sona coming down midlane was all they needed to lock up the victory?

there's just a lot of logical leaps you have to make to get behind the acquisition that WE deliberately looked at the minimap to gain an advantage.

Keitau

10-06-2012

Quote:
Indekkusutaku:
I am hesitant to make this connection because the two subjects are different in magnitude, killing is much worse than cheating, but it illustrates the point brilliantly so I will.

The argument you make is analog to someone trying to shoot someone but missing and claiming that missing made it OK.

Just because what you didn't obtain the desired result of your wrong action does not make it any less wrong.

No, you cant prove intent or if the act even occurred. You can say what it LOOKS like but you can't say what the person was really doing. You can't even prove its physically possible with the current information.

CJLewis

10-06-2012

Quote:
GodOfDotA123:
You guys are fcking idiots.

Who cares if the pro players glance behind them randomly when the game pauses? It's not cheating, it's using your resources to your advantage.

So sit back, shut up and enjoy the best and biggest e-sports tournament in history.

Calling people curse words and names on the internet, and unable to be civil. And we're idiots ?

K, secondly, if you're playing a game at your house, soloqueue, tourney, whatever. Do you have the ability to check the opponents view ? Are you able to turn off the fog on the minimap to see vision of the enemy team ? No ? Why not ? Think real hard.

Putzfrau

10-06-2012

Quote:
Caucxican:
Notice how you said "just" past tense. Can you admit that a glance at the map could of shown direction of departure into fog of war thereby giving some tangible information?

you'd be REALLY REALLY stretching what would qualify as tangible information.

Fumiko

10-06-2012

Quote:
Stinkbag:
http://imgur.com/q5JiE

nuff said they can look right up above logo and see it clearly.

seriously stop sending same damn immage unless you have a clear vision of a minimap from this angle. I dont see a map in this picture so to me it is 0 proof.

Cool Stuffz

10-06-2012

Quote:
Putzfrau:
no its not. the crowd cheered and WE looked up. everyone is assuming it was to look at the map.

my only point is, even if he had seen the map, accidentally or intentional there was no information to be gained, so what would the point have been?

in this situation, what probably happened was the crowd cheered, WE player glanced towards the clg eu side most likely out of reflex, then immediately returned his gaze to his computer. even if he saw the minimap in his half second glance he got zero information. there was zero reason to spy on the minimap right now.

GD is suggesting that WE is dq'd because of one still shot that shows a player glancing in one direction. If they were cheating why did they pick the most **** all useless time to do it? and then they never did it again? that glance to see sona coming down midlane was all they needed to lock up the victory?

there's just a lot of logical leaps you have to make to get behind the acquisition that WE deliberately looked at the minimap to gain an advantage.

There's also Chaox confirming that the mini map screens were visible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMuB6YlKMkY&feature=player_detailpage#t=61s

a team mate

10-06-2012

riot will have to check the cameras on the players' screens to see who was cheating.

venivilivicci

10-06-2012

http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/334537601

5:16:05 (Regi telling the judge about said mini map problem)

Qooba

10-06-2012

Are you ****ing retarded OP? They looked up because a horn was sounded and people started cheering, if you had no idea what was going on because you are in another country and don't understand the language, and people randomly started cheering and sounds went off, what would you do? League of Legends community, you guys are *******.