Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyltin

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post

In the meantime, here’s a quick overview of the two primary minimap incidents we’ve been reviewing:

TSM/Azubu game

• Azubu Frost had a microphone issue that didn’t allow them to communicate during the opening of the game. As a result, the game was paused.
  • It was noticed that both teams had players that were shifting their bodies during the pause. Blanket warnings were issued to both Azubu Frost & TSM.
  • Referees decided to issue a restart, as a) Reginald & Chaox had concerns about screen looking and b) Azubu’s communications disadvantage could reasonably be interpreted as requiring a restart under tournament rules.
  • No further incidents of screen-looking were witnessed during this match.

Team WE/CLG.eu game

• A player from Team WE was not facing forward for a moment during the 3rd and final restarted game before we wrapped for the night.
  • We’ve reviewed the existing footage and firsthand accounts from our referees, and we believe the player’s head turn may have been in response to a loud vuvuzela and crowd cheering. We haven’t found conclusive evidence either way and are continuing to investigate.

Those are the primary incidents that have been reported, but we are also investigating other alleged instances. More importantly, we are taking steps to completely ensure the screens are not visible to players at the conclusion of the Playoffs and Finals.

Thanks,

RedBeard
it seems so that Riot tries to ignore the main incident of AF peeking again right at the beginning of the remade first match.

redundant

10-07-2012

bump for justice.

SithPL

10-07-2012

You know, I'm not even mad at the players for this.

If anyone is to blame, it's Riot. If you tell someone to sit down and face forward, there is a very small chance that they are going to remain that way indefinitely. Hell, I have to move a little every now and then when I play LoL at home, and that's stressful enough. Imagine being in-front of all those people with all of that stress.

Gelion

10-07-2012

Bump for justice, riot has to do more than this

Trayunah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

All of the integrity of this tournament has been lost.

If this had happened at Blizzcon the players would be permabanned.
RIOT probably going to give 1 million dollars to a team that cheated.

Anyways I'm done here. RIOT deserves all the bad press they're getting, and hopefully season by season 3 (their 5th year of running the game) they get their act together. Or, this could just be the slippery slope that puts them under. Either way, nobody wants to see cheaters win, regardless if they earned it or not.

neo4321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

bump

NicoThePico

10-07-2012

bumpy

HappyTimeHate

10-07-2012

bump

Amocoru

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
If this is your actual statement you might be the only referee in the world worse than the NFL replacement refs.

HappyTimeHate

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).

-1700 downvotes, he must be doing something right for riot. The community approves of this Riot Staff Member. You were better off just not saying anything