Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JonnyGSpot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW7uNxqXfn8

a pretty decent video showing Azubu Frost not following the head forward rules. Doesnt matter if its during a pause as stated by riot earlier. he can clearly be seen turning his head and looking up somewhere.

SHADOWMC

10-07-2012

Riot is the only company that allows cheating in their competition

Yamantaka

10-07-2012

http://bambuser.com/v/3036077 at 16:53:55 you can clearly see Dyrus look up at the minimap screen, and that it is still on. Dyrus claims that when he looked the screen had already been turned off. Thank god for finding another camera angle.

Jinotad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Riot made an announcement:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2655300

GooeyGarth

10-07-2012

I can't wrap my head around the stage's design because at the end of the day the issue isn't about players who screen look because it's too far beyond the point of reprimanding. The biggest issue here is why the stage was designed the way it is especially for a tournament this big.

Why no booths?

Why the screens are where they are in relation to where the teams are sitting?

Are separate screens solely for the mini-map that necessary for the fans and are they worth the potential risk that someone can look at it? Let's be honest here, it seems people aren't enjoying the tournament as much as they would had these mini-map screens not been there in the first place.

Assuming Riot had considered this as a problem, why they thought regulation was a simpler and easier solution to the issue than address the issue directly by restricting a team's vision to the screen.

Personally, I don't care whether Riot does anything to players or teams for peeking because, as far as I'm concerned, there isn't a point. I'm more concerned as to what they are going to do in regards to the stage's design now and for future tournaments because this is embarrassing. More so than the technical issues they've been having (Come on, the first International wasn't the smoothest tournament either).

Itonus

10-07-2012

bump

Caucxican

10-07-2012

I added Redbeard's post to top of OP along with my reply to his thread. I feel relieved that the only reason Riot was so quiet today was because they were looking into this issue. I hope they have enough good camera coverage to come out with a 100% accurate investigation.

This thread will probably die before 200 pages but we have reached our goal and I thank everyone in this thread for helping make sure that this didn't die! <3

Lørd Abel

10-07-2012

lol

Wish the rune prison thread had a red post

OrbitxD

10-07-2012

bump

Li7hium oOo

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caucxican View Post
I added Redbeard's post to top of OP along with my reply to his thread. I feel relieved that the only reason Riot was so quiet today was because they were looking into this issue. I hope they have enough good camera coverage to come out with a 100% accurate investigation.

This thread will probably die before 200 pages but we have reached our goal and I thank everyone in this thread for helping make sure that this didn't die! <3
Actually, after re-reading what RedBeard said, I came into the conclusion he only admits "small" mistakes and tries to rug off the whole Azubu Frost incident. He even says, and I quote, "No further incidents of screen-looking were witnessed during this match." while talking about the AF vs TSM match when it's clear that Woong looked at the mini-map and immediately pinged TSM location in a fog of war area he couldn't have known otherwise..

Now I am actually completely disappointed with Riot. They could have done the right thing but instead chose the, "we made small mistakes but in the end everything was okay" approach.