Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caucxican

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylarik View Post
I like how he commented only on WE but there is clear evidence on azubu frost cheating and nothing mentioned or happened.. REMATCH!!
To Tiza's credit, the info about Azubu wasnt added until after his post. I have been updating the original with all the solid evidence I find.

RQ NinjaFuYa AL

10-07-2012

if people stop being narrowminded and clearly look at ALL of the evidence even on the reddit it is OBVIOUS that teams are cheating especially azubu there is enough evidence you even see them ping at the same time as him looking at the screen in the VOD into the fog of war there is NO way they would know where all 5 of TSM are going without looking at the screen.

so riot disqualify pls.

Ikhh

10-07-2012

http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/07/al...ends-playoffs/

A brief mention here...

Makair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
(EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).

So now that is clear they did look, what do you mean by "jeopardized their standing"? Disqualification or Remake? If Riot goes by the rule book then disqualification would be the right way to go about all this mess.

IrrationalNoob

10-07-2012

RiotTiza is gonna be in hot water....

selfmurder

10-07-2012

stfu i had 2 leavers in my team last game and i lost elo and u talk about lvl 1 ping like it matter...

ITz UPGRADE xD

10-07-2012

I don't think iv'e ever seen so many downvotes on a red post, but with good reason.

Itonus

10-07-2012

Quote:
As the lead referee for this event, let me respond.

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).

RiotTiza, you cannot deny that woong did infact look away and it appears to be at the mini map and under the circumstances its pretty obvious where he was looking at. BUT OK its not substantial evidence fine. HOWEVER. you said that they were told to sit straight looking forward. Woong CLEARLY looked away from the monitor, after like you said, he was told not too(indirectly). and you did nothing about it. he knew not too, and he did and nothing was done. i'd like to hear your rebuttle.

its like taking a test in highschool, you look away from your test and some teachers will fail you automatically, even if you weren't looking at another students paper, why? because its the fking rule.

AxeFresh

10-07-2012

Quote:

We keep a constant watch on all the players on stage at all times. We have cameras as well as live people walking onto stage to keep tabs in everything. All players are told that they need to remain sitting, facing forward, and with headphones on at all times, including during pauses. I can personally confirm that no WE player looked at the minimap at any point during the match.

Players make eye contact on stage fairly regularly. Team WE in particular talked directly to each other a good amount. A single, limited camera view with a field of a few feet is not enough to determine where a someone is looking on a cross-stage scale. We directly monitor players to assure this is not the case, and maintained due diligence at all times over the course of the event.

Say what you like about WE's gameplay, but they did not jeopardize their chances of staying in the tournament by looking at the minimap (EDIT for clarity- because they didn't look at the minimap. If they had looked at the minimap, it would have jeopardized their standing in the tournament. I am not, in any way, condoning any player who gains an unfair advantage from any means).
If I ever go to a tournament....

this is for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK1_B...elated&t=0m59s

GankinHerBush

10-07-2012

Quote:

You dug yourself a grave, saying this with the amount of photos/proof of players looking at the screen is ridiculous. You have completely discredited your professionalism as a so called "Ref". Yes Frost cheated, but yes they would have still won HOWEVER cheating is CHEATING and should be dealt with harshly. These are the TOP players in the world playing for a massive prize pool, letting cheating slide is an absolute joke. Riot you could of gone either way with this tournament 1) Be the leader in E-sports and make LoL that much more popular.. or 2) Absolutely fail at hosting a World Championship creating a lot of hate.

TLR ~ Yes there was cheating, but what absolutely annoys me to the point I want to boycott this game is having a Red post saying "No one cheated, I personally stand by it" When there is ridiculous amounts of evidence! FAIL RIOT, FAIL.