Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot's BIGGEST mistake with world playoffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minjoph

10-07-2012

Quote:
Snuggery:
Stop making such a big deal... for frank's sake esports are in their clumsy infancy, give them some slack.

No, all the more reason to get it right from the beginning. Letting things like this sully e-sports will make it lose a lot of potential fans/supporters.

RagingStormX

10-07-2012

People are just scared to do their job. Does Riot seriously think we would be pissed if they DQ a team cheating. **** no we won't, it's what they get. At every Street Fighter Major any cheating (turbo controllers, pausing) you are DQ or lose the round automatcally. Riot step your game up. RiotTiza do your job.

TheKingueZ

10-07-2012

Quote:
Snuggery:
Stop making such a big deal... for frank's sake esports are in their clumsy infancy, give them some slack.

Yeah, keep it like that, who cares if people are cheating? -.-

GitsNShigglez

10-07-2012

Quote:
Minjoph:
No, all the more reason to get it right from the beginning. Letting things like this sully e-sports will make it lose a lot of potential fans/supporters.

LoL already sully's esports just by trying to be one.

Pick up that REAL moba... you know... DotA 2.

TheKingueZ

10-07-2012

Quote:
RagingStormX:
People are just scared to do their job. Does Riot seriously think we would be pissed if they DQ a team cheating. **** no we won't, it's what they get. At every Street Fighter Major any cheating (turbo controllers, pausing) you are DQ or lose the round automatcally. Riot step your game up. RiotTiza do your job.

+1 buddy, you deserved that.

SexyBack

10-07-2012

hosting a world championship ($2 million at stake) outdoors in the los angeles sun, and online instead of LAN even though teams flew across the world to get together.

the only form of cheating prevention are these noise cancelling headphones and super cool spinning tables

ladies and gentlemen: there's counter logic, and then... there's riot logic

Koadic

10-07-2012

Quote:
Snuggery:

I think this is why most tournaments don't do open stadiums, why deviate from tradition and the standard without thinking of the consequences?

TheAngryMunchkin

10-07-2012

Quote:
AngryTwinky:
LoL already sully's esports just by trying to be one.

Pick up that REAL moba... you know... DotA 2.

One of the teams that cheated here, won DoTA 2 international. Coincidence?

Caucxican

10-07-2012

I added the x-post from reddit as Edit11. I was able to finally get a good look at it. It has other teams caught as well. Looks solid.

Artemiss

10-07-2012

Just gonna leave this here, its lost in this thread,
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/brianpinneyphotography/AF1JPEG.jpg
He's OBVIOUSLY not looking at his friend, his head tilt is too high.
EDIT: Dyrus also looked at the screen, but he looked after he was told. I quote from his FB
"I just wanted to make this clear I did look at the minimap after being told they looked which means we'll restart anyways since lv1 is screwed"